|You search for:||
Events + Civil + From: 09/01/2012 To: 11/27/2012
|Results shown per page:|
|Maria Morabito & Lambert Edelmann|
|Dates:||June 19, 2012 - September 14, 2012|
Exhibition of works by Maria Morabito and Lambert Edelmann. Artist reception, July 10, from 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
|Nook Farm Book Talk "The Help"|
|Venue:||The Mark Twain House & Museum|
|Dates:||September 13, 2012|
Nook Farm Book Talks, a collaboration between The Mark Twain House & Museum and the Harriet Beecher Stowe Center, continues with Kathryn Stockett's array of sharply defined black and white characters in the nascent years of the civil rights movement.
|Civil War Commemoration|
|Dates:||September 23, 2012|
In commemoration of the Civil War, the Amity and Woodbridge Historical Society presents a town parade featuring Company G 14th Connecticut Volunteer Infantry Regiment, Connecticut Blues Fife & Drum Corps, school bands, and re-enactors of the Civil War.
|Connecticut in the Civil War|
|Venue:||Fairfield Museum and History Center|
|Dates:||September 25, 2012|
Matthew Warshauer of Central Connecticut State University will introduce the varied attitudes toward slavery and race before, during, and after the war. Discover Connecticut’s reactions to raising the troops and the sacrifices of those who served on the frontline and at home. He offers an insightful account of a complex and troubling war.
|Lighting Freedom's Flame: A Look at Connecticut's Revolutionary War|
|Dates:||September 27, 2012|
Historian and scholar William Hosley will regale his audience with epic stories of the sacrifice, heroism and perseverance of some of the Revolution’s most renowned and infamous personalities during his lecture. The lecture will be preceded by a wine reception at 6 p.m.
|"Connecticut to Arms: 1862"|
This living history weekend will bring visitors back to 19th century America, when the nation was imperiled by a vast sectional conflict that threatened its very survival. Step back in time to the Civil War as more than 600 Union, Confederate, and civilian reenactors portray those who lived through this great struggle.
|Bolton Heritage Day|
|Dates:||September 29, 2012|
Geneology event includes the Bolton Exposes It's Roots family tree mural. Meet "Rosie the Calf", and other events include Civil War and Revolutionary talks. This is being held on Satruday of the Bolton Town-sponsored "Heritage Farm Weekend."
|"Mark Twain and Joseph R. Hawley, Senator, Governor and Republican Leader of the Gilded Age"|
|Venue:||The Mark Twain House & Museum|
|Dates:||October 3, 2012|
Joseph R. Hawley was a force to be reckoned with in Gilded Age Hartford -- a Civil War general, owner of The Hartford Courant, national Republican leader and President of the 1876 Centennial Exhibition in Philadelphia. He was also Mark Twain's neighbor, and the two had a relationship that varied from intimate friendship to political enmity.
|Civil War Encampment|
|Venue:||Dossin Beach Park|
|Dates:||October 6, 2012|
Event located near the original site of Training Camp Tyler (the town's original Civil War encampment), will portray life in a Union Army camp. Typical camp activities include marching, drilling with authentic weapons, daily chores. Ongoing lectures, demonstrations and entertainment.
|"Lincoln: The Constitution and the Civil War"|
|Venue:||Slater Memorial Museum|
|Dates:||October 10, 2012 - November 30, 2012|
Using the Constitution as the cohesive thread, this exhibition offers a fresh and innovative perspective on Lincoln that focuses on his struggle to meet the political and constitutional challenges of the Civil War.
- You Deserve a Spring Break!
- Connecticut's Celebrity Chefs
- Spring Festivals, Flowers & Family Fun
- April School Vacation Activities & Fun!
- The Brunch Bunch
- Get Muddy This Spring at Connecticut Spas
- Best Bike Rides: 7 Ways to Go
- Pet-Friendly Connecticut
- Book Your Connecticut Beach Rental Now!
- Connecticut Open House Day - June 13, 2015
- 2015 Official Connecticut Visitors Guide Now Available
- Connecticut Green Lodging Certifies 31st Hotel
- Your 2015 Connecticut Checklist: Top Attractions and Events to Experience This Year
- Look What the Experts are Saying About Connecticut!
- Cozy Connecticut Inns
- Connecticut State Parks “The Sky’s the Limit” 2015 Hiking Challenge
- Top 10 - Connecticut's Dining Favorites
- Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Weddings in Connecticut
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- UConn - Campus of Champions!
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures