- CT Fairs 2014
- Fall Foliage Report
- Try It!
- Play! in Connecticut
- Mohegan Sun
- CT Wine Trail
- Foliage Drives
- Top 10 Hiking
- Rest & Relaxation
- Fall on the Farm
- Foliage Up High
- CT Barns Trail
- Natural Wonders
- Different Museums
- Bridging History
- Charming Towns
- Dining with a View
- CT Antiques Trail
- Maritime Aquarium
- American Art
Santa Sightings in Connecticut
Santa’s never too busy to visit Connecticut before Christmas. In fact, you too can take a break from holiday preparations to meet up with Santa during one of his many whistle stops in Connecticut. Remember to check ahead for dates and times. Reservations are recommended, or may be required, as holiday trains tend to sell out quickly.
All aboard the Santa Special at the Essex Steam Train for a one-of-a-kind holiday experience. Enjoy the spirit of the season as you relax with family and friends aboard festive rail cars adorned with vintage decorations. Santa promises to visit each child with Mrs. Claus, Rudolph and Christmas Penguin on board to spread holiday cheer. Plus, each child will receive a small holiday gift from Santa's elves.
Ride a restored trolley as you travel through a tunnel of colored lights during Winterfest at the Connecticut Trolley Museum in East Windsor. Return to the winter wonderland with model trains, entertainment, refreshments, and visit with Santa.
The Railroad Museum of New England offers several train trips taking you for a visit with Santa, departing from the Thomaston Train Station. Northern Lights Limited to Santa’s Train Workshop promises a festival of light displays inside and outside the train taking passengers on a journey to Santa's Train Workshop where Santa will board and greet everyone during your hour and quarter ride. Or take a train ride aboard the Santa Express with Santa Claus himself, Mrs. Claus and Santa’s friendly helper elves for an hour and twenty minutes of family fun! Travel along the scenic Naugatuck River, in warm and comfortable 1920s vintage coaches. Santa and Mrs. Claus visit with each child on board the Santa Express. What a great way to celebrate the holiday spirit this winter in Connecticut. Reservations are recommended, these trains sell out early.
Depart from Danbury with the Danbury Railway Museum to take a vintage train ride to Santa's special coach to meet Santa, Mrs. Clause and the elves. Children will receive a small gift for children and special children's activities will delight the young and old.
Check out the many other special events where you and your children can catch up with Santa before the big day.
- Fall Getaway of the Week
- 2014 Connecticut Country Fair Season
- Dining with a View
- Play! in Connecticut Fall Theatre Festival
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Tee Time: CT’s Top 5 Golf Courses You Can Play
- Best Bike Rides: 7 Ways to Go
- Mountain Biking at Its Best
- Connecticut’s Country Fairs 2014
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- Summer Getaway of the Week
- Under the Covers: Fall Reading, Connecticut-Style
- Romantic Couples Escapes
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Report
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Driving Tours
- New Revolutionary Getaways!
- Outdoor Dining in Connecticut
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- September: Second Summer
- Try One of Connecticut's Swimming Holes for Water Fun and More
- The Quick Fix Day Spa Package
- Girlfriends Getaway Package
- A Romantic Night Away
- Instant Romance Package
- Experiences Rail and Beach Package
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame!
- Lighthouse Weekend Overnight Package
- Lighthouse Stay & Tour Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Historical Tour Package
- Take a Hike...