Santa Sightings in Connecticut
Holiday time in Connecticut can be especially festive, fun-filled and even magical if you happen to encounter Santa in your travels! And this season, Santa plans to makes stops at several of the state’s holiday railways. Holiday train rides often sell out, so to ensure a Santa sighting, be sure to make your reservations!
All aboard the Santa Special at the Essex Steam Train for a one-of-a-kind holiday experience. Enjoy the spirit of the season as you relax with family and friends aboard festive railcars adorned with vintage decorations. Kids can visit with Santa and see Mrs. Claus, Rudolph and Christmas Penguin – all on board to spread holiday cheer. And, each child will receive a small holiday gift from Santa's elves.
At Winterfest at the Connecticut Trolley Museum in East Windsor, delight in an antique trolley ride through the “Tunnel of Lights” while singing carols with the crew and other passengers. See the model trains, admire the seasonal decorations and even visit with Santa! Browse the gift shop for a souvenir or distinctive gifts.
This season, the Railroad Museum of New England in Thomaston offers two holiday adventures with Santa! Climb aboard the Northern Lights Limited to Santa’s Train Workshop for an 80-minute evening train ride and festival of lights. On the journey, kids will see Santa, Mrs. Claus and Santa’s elves, and each child will receive a gift! Or, take a daytime train excursion on the Santa Express along with Santa, Mrs. Claus and the friendly elves, who will distribute small gifts to kids. The trip takes passengers along the scenic Naugatuck River in vintage 1920s coaches. Reservations are recommended for both; tickets sell out early.
For a wonderland of festive lights, the entire family will delight in Santa’s Trolley Winter Wonderland at Shore Line Trolley Museum in East Haven. Take a train ride that will remind you of “Christmas past” while enjoying complimentary cookies and hot chocolate. The kids can visit with Santa, and each will receive a small gift!
Take Santa’s Express at the Danbury Railway Museum to Ride a Vintage Train to Visit Santa Claus this holiday season. Meet Santa, Mrs. Claus and the elves. Kids will receive a small gift. Enjoy exhibits in the restored 1903 station and rail yard, children’s activities, hot chocolate and more. Reserve your tickets soon!
For other Santa events and holiday fun in Connecticut this season, go to www.CTvisit.com and visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/visitconnecticut, Twitter page at www.twitter.com/ctvisit, Pinterest page at http://pinterest.com/visitct/ and on Instagram at http://instagram.com/ctvisit.
- You Deserve a Spring Break!
- Connecticut's Celebrity Chefs
- Spring Festivals, Flowers & Family Fun
- April School Vacation Activities & Fun!
- The Brunch Bunch
- Get Muddy This Spring at Connecticut Spas
- Best Bike Rides: 7 Ways to Go
- Pet-Friendly Connecticut
- Book Your Connecticut Beach Rental Now!
- 2015 Official Connecticut Visitors Guide Now Available
- Connecticut Green Lodging Certifies 31st Hotel
- Your 2015 Connecticut Checklist: Top Attractions and Events to Experience This Year
- Look What the Experts are Saying About Connecticut!
- Cozy Connecticut Inns
- Connecticut State Parks “The Sky’s the Limit” 2015 Hiking Challenge
- Top 10 - Connecticut's Dining Favorites
- Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Weddings in Connecticut
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- UConn - Campus of Champions!
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures