- Perfect Summer
- Try It!
- Fan Favorite Towns!
- Where to Cool Off
- Connecticut Open
- A Mystic Deal!
- Beach Rentals
- CT Fairs 2014
- Adventure Amusements
- Mohegan Sun
- CT Antiques Trail
- On The Water
- CT Beer Trail
- Maritime Aquarium
- Park It Here
- Classic Drive-Ins
- The Summer Circuit
- American Art
- Win a Free Getaway
- Under the Covers
- Outdoor Dining
- Top 5 Golf Courses
- Best Bike Rides
Santa Sightings in Connecticut
Santa’s never too busy to visit Connecticut before Christmas. In fact, you too can take a break from holiday preparations to meet up with Santa during one of his many whistle stops in Connecticut. Remember to check ahead for dates and times. Reservations are recommended, or may be required, as holiday trains tend to sell out quickly.
All aboard the Santa Special at the Essex Steam Train for a one-of-a-kind holiday experience. Enjoy the spirit of the season as you relax with family and friends aboard festive rail cars adorned with vintage decorations. Santa promises to visit each child with Mrs. Claus, Rudolph and Christmas Penguin on board to spread holiday cheer. Plus, each child will receive a small holiday gift from Santa's elves.
Ride a restored trolley as you travel through a tunnel of colored lights during Winterfest at the Connecticut Trolley Museum in East Windsor. Return to the winter wonderland with model trains, entertainment, refreshments, and visit with Santa.
The Railroad Museum of New England offers several train trips taking you for a visit with Santa, departing from the Thomaston Train Station. Northern Lights Limited to Santa’s Train Workshop promises a festival of light displays inside and outside the train taking passengers on a journey to Santa's Train Workshop where Santa will board and greet everyone during your hour and quarter ride. Or take a train ride aboard the Santa Express with Santa Claus himself, Mrs. Claus and Santa’s friendly helper elves for an hour and twenty minutes of family fun! Travel along the scenic Naugatuck River, in warm and comfortable 1920s vintage coaches. Santa and Mrs. Claus visit with each child on board the Santa Express. What a great way to celebrate the holiday spirit this winter in Connecticut. Reservations are recommended, these trains sell out early.
Depart from Danbury with the Danbury Railway Museum to take a vintage train ride to Santa's special coach to meet Santa, Mrs. Clause and the elves. Children will receive a small gift for children and special children's activities will delight the young and old.
Check out the many other special events where you and your children can catch up with Santa before the big day.
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Tee Time: CT’s Top 5 Golf Courses You Can Play
- Best Bike Rides: 7 Ways to Go
- 5 Ingredients for the Perfect New England Summer
- Where to Cool Off This Summer
- Connecticut’s Country Fairs 2014
- Summer Getaway of the Week
- Your Ultimate Summer Guide
- Under the Covers: Summer Reading, Connecticut-Style
- Connecticut Inspires Summer Travel With The “Great Getaway To Connecticut Sweepstakes"
- Romantic Couples Escapes
- New Revolutionary Getaways!
- Outdoor Dining in Connecticut
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Get Out on the Water!
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Try One of Connecticut's Swimming Holes for Water Fun and More
- Hot Diggity Dog! A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour
- The Quick Fix Day Spa Package
- Girlfriends Getaway Package
- A Romantic Night Away
- Instant Romance Package
- Experiences Rail and Beach Package
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame!
- Family Getaway Package
- Lighthouse Weekend Overnight Package
- Lighthouse Stay & Tour Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Historical Tour Package