Santa Sightings in Connecticut
Santa’s never too busy to visit Connecticut before Christmas. In fact, you too can take a break from holiday preparations to meet up with Santa during one of his many whistle stops in Connecticut. Remember to check ahead for dates and times. Reservations are recommended, or may be required, as holiday trains tend to sell out quickly.
All aboard the Santa Special at the Essex Steam Train for a one-of-a-kind holiday experience. Enjoy the spirit of the season as you relax with family and friends aboard festive rail cars adorned with vintage decorations. Santa promises to visit each child with Mrs. Claus, Rudolph and Christmas Penguin on board to spread holiday cheer. Plus, each child will receive a small holiday gift from Santa's elves.
Ride a restored trolley as you travel through a tunnel of colored lights during Winterfest at the Connecticut Trolley Museum in East Windsor. Return to the winter wonderland with model trains, entertainment, refreshments, and visit with Santa.
The Railroad Museum of New England offers several train trips taking you for a visit with Santa, departing from the Thomaston Train Station. Northern Lights Limited to Santa’s Train Workshop promises a festival of light displays inside and outside the train taking passengers on a journey to Santa's Train Workshop where Santa will board and greet everyone during your hour and quarter ride. Or take a train ride aboard the Santa Express with Santa Claus himself, Mrs. Claus and Santa’s friendly helper elves for an hour and twenty minutes of family fun! Travel along the scenic Naugatuck River, in warm and comfortable 1920s vintage coaches. Santa and Mrs. Claus visit with each child on board the Santa Express. What a great way to celebrate the holiday spirit this winter in Connecticut. Reservations are recommended, these trains sell out early.
Depart from Danbury with the Danbury Railway Museum to take a vintage train ride to Santa's special coach to meet Santa, Mrs. Clause and the elves. Children will receive a small gift for children and special children's activities will delight the young and old.
Check out the many other special events where you and your children can catch up with Santa before the big day.
- 5 Surefire Ways to Leave Behind the Winter Doldrums
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Connecticut!
- Mud Season in Connecticut
- Maple Sugaring in Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Walkable Towns For Spring
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- New 2014 Official Connecticut Visitors Guide Now Available!
- Cabin Fever Reliever
- Eagle Watching in Connecticut
- 15 Ways to Get Active, Stay Healthy and Save Money in the New Year
- Getaways for Less Than $10
- Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut Recovers
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Connecticut Wineries
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails