Santa Sightings in Connecticut
Santa’s never too busy to visit Connecticut before Christmas. In fact, you too can take a break from holiday preparations to meet up with Santa during one of his many whistle stops in Connecticut. Remember to check ahead for dates and times. Reservations are recommended, or may be required, as holiday trains tend to sell out quickly.
All aboard the Santa Special at the Essex Steam Train for a one-of-a-kind holiday experience. Enjoy the spirit of the season as you relax with family and friends aboard festive rail cars adorned with vintage decorations. Santa promises to visit each child with Mrs. Claus, Rudolph and Christmas Penguin on board to spread holiday cheer. Plus, each child will receive a small holiday gift from Santa's elves.
Ride a restored trolley as you travel through a tunnel of colored lights during Winterfest at the Connecticut Trolley Museum in East Windsor. Return to the winter wonderland with model trains, entertainment, refreshments, and visit with Santa.
The Railroad Museum of New England offers several train trips taking you for a visit with Santa, departing from the Thomaston Train Station. Northern Lights Limited to Santa’s Train Workshop promises a festival of light displays inside and outside the train taking passengers on a journey to Santa's Train Workshop where Santa will board and greet everyone during your hour and quarter ride. Or take a train ride aboard the Santa Express with Santa Claus himself, Mrs. Claus and Santa’s friendly helper elves for an hour and twenty minutes of family fun! Travel along the scenic Naugatuck River, in warm and comfortable 1920s vintage coaches. Santa and Mrs. Claus visit with each child on board the Santa Express. What a great way to celebrate the holiday spirit this winter in Connecticut. Reservations are recommended, these trains sell out early.
Depart from Danbury with the Danbury Railway Museum to take a vintage train ride to Santa's special coach to meet Santa, Mrs. Clause and the elves. Children will receive a small gift for children and special children's activities will delight the young and old.
Check out the many other special events where you and your children can catch up with Santa before the big day.
- 5 Unique Ways to Celebrate Thanksgiving
- 10 Things to Do in CT - Before You Lose Your Paid Vacation Days
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- 10 Revolutionary Connecticut Views Not to Be Missed this Autumn
- Fall Getaway of the Week
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Report
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Driving Tours
- Dining with a View
- The Great Stages of Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Tee Time: CT’s Top 5 Golf Courses You Can Play
- Best Bike Rides: 7 Ways to Go
- Mountain Biking at Its Best
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- Under the Covers: Fall Reading, Connecticut-Style
- Romantic Couples Escapes
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Five Icons You Must Visit This Fall
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- A Romantic Night Away
- Splash & Play
- Instant Romance Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Treasure Hunting
- Take a Hike...
- "Holiday Inn" - Goodspeed Dinners
- Mystic Seaport Package: The Museum of America and the Sea
- Connecticut Still Revolutionary Culture Seekers
- Entertainment Package
- Holiday Shopping: Stay, Shop & Save!
- "A Christmas Carol" - 25% off Limited Tickets for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Stay & Play: Catch the Holiday Spirit