Spring School Vacation Adventures
Fun Things to Do in Mystic and Throughout Connecticut This Spring
It seems as though the youngest members of the crew are most eager for entertainment as the weather warms up. In Connecticut, exciting, educational and awe-inspiring attractions that will keep them engaged are always just a short drive away.
Get started at The New Children’s Museum in West Hartford, offering hands-on experiences in science and nature. Enjoy exhibits and demonstrations, education classes and activities, a live animal wildlife sanctuary, state-of-the art digital science dome movies and planetarium shows and more. Visit with the resident bobcat, nile crocodile, red eyed tree frog, ball python, barred owl and many other fascinating creatures sure to excite the animal lovers in your family.
With 150 hands-on exhibits, a state-of-the-art 3D digital theater, four educational labs, plus daily programs and events, the Connecticut Science Center in Hartford offers endless exploration for children, teens and adults, from physics to forensics, geology to astronomy. Discover how robots are built, test pilot new helicopter designs, experience a hurricane simulator, step into a sports science lab, and you’ll end the day wanting to go back for more.
At The Dinosaur Place at Nature’s Art in Oakdale, dinosaurs roam the grounds while kids unearth and identify dinosaur skeletons inside at The Bone Zone. Mine for crystals and fool’s gold like a true geologist, create original works of art and view rare geodes and fossils.
The Shark Encounters exhibit and the touch tank win kids over at Mystic Aquarium & Institute for Exploration, while the ancient shipwrecks ignite their imaginations. Try the state-of-the-art 3-D Motion Ride, journey to 12,450 feet below to discover the Titanic, and go nose-to-nose with a beluga whale.
Three floors of immersive science experiments at Discovery Museum and Planetarium in Bridgeport make for an innovative learning experience. Catch one of the daily planetarium shows and conduct a mission to the moon at Connecticut’s only Challenger Learning Center.
Critters also draw exuberant crowds to Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk. See otters, frogs, turtles, jellies, sharks and other amazing creatures from Long Island Sound. Enjoy an exciting, life-sized thrill ride with a movie viewing on the six-story IMAX theater, help feed the seals, or take a special winter creature cruise into Norwalk Harbor and Long Island Sound to spot wildlife.
Named “One of the Top 50 Children’s Museums” by Child Magazine, Stepping Stones Museum for Children in Norwalk features four main galleries, a toddlers-only gallery and more than 100 interactive activities for kids ages 10 and under, as well as brand-new hands-on exhibits, art studio, science lab, and a technologically-unique multimedia gallery.
Just can’t wait for summer? Every day is a bright, sunny 84 degree at Waterbury’s CoCo Key Water Resort, Connecticut’s largest indoor water resort that allows families to get away to the tropics anytime! CoCo Key combines the relaxation and enchantment of the islands with the wild excitement of a 55,000-sq. ft. indoor water park, featuring slides, tube rides, water basketball and, most importantly, a tropical respite from the cold weather outside.
- You Deserve a Spring Break!
- Connecticut's Celebrity Chefs
- Spring Festivals, Flowers & Family Fun
- April School Vacation Activities & Fun!
- The Brunch Bunch
- Get Muddy This Spring at Connecticut Spas
- Best Bike Rides: 7 Ways to Go
- Pet-Friendly Connecticut
- Book Your Connecticut Beach Rental Now!
- 2015 Official Connecticut Visitors Guide Now Available
- Connecticut Green Lodging Certifies 31st Hotel
- Your 2015 Connecticut Checklist: Top Attractions and Events to Experience This Year
- Look What the Experts are Saying About Connecticut!
- Cozy Connecticut Inns
- Connecticut State Parks “The Sky’s the Limit” 2015 Hiking Challenge
- Top 10 - Connecticut's Dining Favorites
- Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Weddings in Connecticut
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- UConn - Campus of Champions!
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures