Date Spots in Connecticut for Valentine’s Day and Beyond
Coming up with a date idea is no easy feat – whether you’re planning a first date, third date, a big anniversary or something special with your girlfriends for Valentine’s Day. To ease the stress, we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite Connecticut date spots, broken down by what kind of date you’re planning.
So you have the jitters, you’re a little nervous and you can’t figure out what to wear. Let’s face it, first dates can be intimidating, so it’s great to go out and do an activity together to help break the ice. Cork & Brew in Southington is the only place in Connecticut where you can make wine, beer and soda – you’re guaranteed to have a blast! Also check out City Steam Brewery Café in Hartford for more live comedy shows, great drinks and food.
You’ve been “official” for 31 days, 12 hours and 15 minutes – so now what? If you’re looking for something fun for Valentine’s Day weekend or any weekend – check out Hartford’s Black-Eyed Sally’s for live jazz and blues music, Cajun cuisine and a southern juke joint atmosphere we know your significant other will love. Or, head to Mohegan Sun Casino or Foxwoods Resort Casino for a night jam-packed with entertainment – from clubbing, dining, concerts or fun at the slots and poker tables.
Special Date for Mom & Dad
When was the last time you went on a real date since becoming parents? Take a night off from being masters of the universe to enjoy each other. We recommend wine tasting at one of Connecticut’s beautiful vineyards. In Litchfield Hills County—try Sunset Meadows or Miranda Vineyards. In New Haven county or the surrounding area, try Gouveia Vineyards and in New London explore the beautiful Maugle Sierra. If you’re not up for wine tasting, how about heading to the theater? Take a look at performance calendars at The Bushnell, Goodspeed Musicals or Hartford Stage to plan a fun night out on the town.
Celebrate your anniversary in a cozy Connecticut inn where you can escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and just relax and unwind. For a resort retreat that has it all, seclude yourselves at the beautiful Water’s Edge Resort & Spa in Westbrook where you can enjoy the stunning shoreline views, delicious food and time at the spa - check out the resort’s popular package ”A Night to Remember” for a superior deal. For a romantic escape with some old-world charm, head to Griswold Inn and wander the historic town together, discover quaint antique stores and boutiques and dine at some of the best restaurants. For another historic bed-and-breakfast experience, head up to Litchfield Hills and stay at Old Riverton Inn – a colonial stagecoach inn since 1796 – and take advantage of their romantic package.
Alternatively, how about making a dinner reservation at a restaurant you’ve always wanted to go to? Assagio in Branford is the epitome of contemporary and stylish northern Italy. The pasta, seafood crepes and wine list will leave you wanting more—and more you will have! Your adventure will be complete with a carriage or sleigh ride at Allegra Farms. A taste of the New England country side and touch of romance will make your special occasion one that you will never forget!
With friends like yours who needs a date? Grab your besties on Valentine’s Day – or any other day for that matter – for a fabulous day starting at Norwalk’s Chocopologie, where no one will be counting calories. Once you’ve indulged in your favorite pastries, head to the shops at Greenwich Avenue so the real fun can begin! Now after all that hard work, relax and rejuvenate at the Born of Earth Spa.
Who’s up for yoga in the vineyards? Sounds amazing right? Hopkins Vineyards offers a one hour yoga class followed by wine, cheese and fruit for private groups. Take time to stroll around Litchfield’s boutique shops en route to Rock Hall Luxe Lodging. Splurge a little (you’re so worth it!) and book their special Mixology package including a hands-on class with Mixmaster Michael making innovative cocktails, luxurious accommodations, lite bites and a signature cocktail shaker. Have fun ladies!
- 5 Unique Ways to Celebrate Thanksgiving
- 10 Things to Do in CT - Before You Lose Your Paid Vacation Days
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- 10 Revolutionary Connecticut Views Not to Be Missed this Autumn
- Fall Getaway of the Week
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Report
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Driving Tours
- Dining with a View
- The Great Stages of Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Tee Time: CT’s Top 5 Golf Courses You Can Play
- Best Bike Rides: 7 Ways to Go
- Mountain Biking at Its Best
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- Under the Covers: Fall Reading, Connecticut-Style
- Romantic Couples Escapes
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Five Icons You Must Visit This Fall
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- A Romantic Night Away
- Splash & Play
- Instant Romance Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Treasure Hunting
- Take a Hike...
- "Holiday Inn" - Goodspeed Dinners
- Mystic Seaport Package: The Museum of America and the Sea
- Connecticut Still Revolutionary Culture Seekers
- Entertainment Package
- Holiday Shopping: Stay, Shop & Save!
- "A Christmas Carol" - 25% off Limited Tickets for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Stay & Play: Catch the Holiday Spirit