Explore three giant exhibit hangars filled with over sixty historic aircraft and experience the wonders of flight through daily hands-on activities including:
- Open Cockpit Experiences in historic aircraft
- Hands-on Build & Fly Challenges
- Interactive Flight Science Demonstrations
- Computerized Flight Simulators
In addition to these daily activities, the following special events are scheduled:
February 18: Model Airplane Workshop (10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
Build and fly balsa wood airplanes with help from our team of expert builders. This workshop is designed for visitors ages 3 and older, and there is a $5.00 cost per model kit.
February 19: LEGO Flying Machine Contest (10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.)
Back by popular demand! Youth ages 3-14 are invited to construct a flying machine using the Museum's collection of LEGOs. Winners will be awarded prizes in three age categories, and participants need not be present to win.
- February 20: Foam Flyer Challenge (10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.)
- Are you an aerospace engineer? Find out by building and launching a foam flyer to take home.
February 21: Fun with Constellation Viewers (10 a.m.-2 p.m.)
Learn about the secrets of the night sky and make your own constellation viewer to take home.
February 22: Straw Glider Challenge (10:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.)
Learn the science of flight while building and launching straw gliders to take home.