Shake off those winter blues with a weekend of fun, visit our first-ever Ice Festival! Bundle up and celebrate the great outdoors in New England, then warm up in one of our many cozy indoor spaces. Kids and adults can enjoy special programs throughout the weekend! Discover “life in the ice” with games, activities, music and entertainment.
Among the events and activities within the festival are:
- Indoor Sock Skating Rink (all 3 days)
- Bonfire* (all 3 days)
- Ice sculpture demonstration* (Saturday)
- Special Planetarium show, Aurora Borealis: The Northern Lights (all 3 days – additional cost)
- Winter crafts for the kids (all 3 days)
- Learn about Pemmican, the ultimate survival food (all 3 days)
- Sledge pulls* (all 3 days)
- Make a Toy Boat (all 3 days – additional cost)
- Working dog demonstrations: Suberian huskies, St. Bernards, and Newfoundlands* (Saturday and Sunday)
- Winter Games on the Green* (all 3 days)
- Horse and carriage rides* (Monday)
- Winter survival skills workshops (Saturday and Sunday)
- Live concert by Sharks Come Cruisin’ (Saturday and Sunday)
- Victorian selfie station (all 3 days)
- Visit the 1926 L. Francis Herreshoff ice boat Slipper on display in the south entrance building (all 3 days)
- Play “Escape Death in the Ice,” a game by Mystified Escape Rooms (all 3 days)
- Meet an ice fisherman (Saturday)
- Sea Tea Improv performance on board Charles W. Morgan (Monday)
- Lectures: “Just the Tip of the Iceberg: Beyond ‘Death in the Ice'” and “HMS Resolute: Her Discovery, Salvage and Legacy” (Monday)
See the Museum’s newest exhibition Death in the Ice: The Mystery of the Franklin Expedition.
Please note: Tickets purchased online for the Ice Festival are valid for all three days of the event.
Members receive free admission to Ice Festival!