52 GetawaysSee All 52 Getaways
29. Happy Trails
Connecticut has 137 state parks and forests, 800 miles of hiking trails, and 230 lakes and ponds. It's no time to sit still. Pamper your mind and spirit by spending the weekend enjoying gentle and moderate hikes at state parks and other recreational areas throughout the state. If your getaway includes kids, check out No Child Left Inside (www.nochildleftinside.org), a nature-oriented program from the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection. With the goal of reconnecting children with the outdoors, the initiative includes summer contests for families at state parks, periodic special events, and the opportunity for residents to visit state parks free (borrow the DEP parks pass from your local library).
|Experiences Types:||Active Adventures|
|Seasons:||Spring, Summer, Fall|
- You Deserve a Spring Break!
- Connecticut's Celebrity Chefs
- Spring Festivals, Flowers & Family Fun
- April School Vacation Activities & Fun!
- The Brunch Bunch
- Get Muddy This Spring at Connecticut Spas
- Best Bike Rides: 7 Ways to Go
- Pet-Friendly Connecticut
- Book Your Connecticut Beach Rental Now!
- Connecticut Open House Day - June 13, 2015
- 2015 Official Connecticut Visitors Guide Now Available
- Connecticut Green Lodging Certifies 31st Hotel
- Your 2015 Connecticut Checklist: Top Attractions and Events to Experience This Year
- Look What the Experts are Saying About Connecticut!
- Cozy Connecticut Inns
- Connecticut State Parks “The Sky’s the Limit” 2015 Hiking Challenge
- Top 10 - Connecticut's Dining Favorites
- Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Weddings in Connecticut
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- UConn - Campus of Champions!
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures