- A Mystic Deal
- Where to Cool Off
- Vote Fan-Favorite
- CT Fireworks 2014
- Try It!
- Beach Rentals
- Adventure Amusements
- Mohegan Sun
- CT Antiques Trail
- On The Water
- CT Beer Trail
- The Summer Circuit
- Park It Here
- Maritime Aquarium
- Classic Drive-Ins
- American Art
- Win a Free Getaway
- Under the Covers
- Outdoor Dining
52 GetawaysSee All 52 Getaways
29. Happy Trails
Connecticut has 137 state parks and forests, 800 miles of hiking trails, and 230 lakes and ponds. It's no time to sit still. Pamper your mind and spirit by spending the weekend enjoying gentle and moderate hikes at state parks and other recreational areas throughout the state. If your getaway includes kids, check out No Child Left Inside (www.nochildleftinside.org), a nature-oriented program from the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection. With the goal of reconnecting children with the outdoors, the initiative includes summer contests for families at state parks, periodic special events, and the opportunity for residents to visit state parks free (borrow the DEP parks pass from your local library).
|Experiences Types:||Active Adventures|
|Seasons:||Spring, Summer, Fall|
- Where to Cool Off This Summer
- Connecticut Fireworks 2014!
- Summer Getaway of the Week
- Unexpected Americana Fun!
- Your Ultimate Summer Guide
- Under the Covers: Summer Reading, Connecticut-Style
- State Launches Second-Annual Connecticut still revolutionary Fan-Favorite Town
- Connecticut Inspires Summer Travel With The “Great Getaway To Connecticut Sweepstakes"
- Romantic Couples Escapes
- New Revolutionary Getaways!
- Outdoor Dining in Connecticut
- Book Your Connecticut Beach Rental Now!
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Get Out on the Water!
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Try One of Connecticut's Swimming Holes for Water Fun and More
- Hot Diggity Dog! A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour