52 GetawaysSee All 52 Getaways
29. Happy Trails
Connecticut has 137 state parks and forests, 800 miles of hiking trails, and 230 lakes and ponds. It's no time to sit still. Pamper your mind and spirit by spending the weekend enjoying gentle and moderate hikes at state parks and other recreational areas throughout the state. If your getaway includes kids, check out No Child Left Inside (www.nochildleftinside.org), a nature-oriented program from the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection. With the goal of reconnecting children with the outdoors, the initiative includes summer contests for families at state parks, periodic special events, and the opportunity for residents to visit state parks free (borrow the DEP parks pass from your local library).
|Connection Types:||Active Adventures|
|Seasons:||Spring, Summer, Fall|
- UConn - Campus of Champions!
- Top 5 Reasons to Get Excited for Spring
- Awesome April School Vacation Ideas
- 5 Walkable Wonders
- Visit Essex During the Bicentennial Commemoration of the Historic British Raid
- Lake Compounce Brings in New Dogs, Lasers and Tipis in 2014
- Spring Festivals, Flowers & Family Fun
- “Hoppy Easter, Hoppy Spring!”
- Mud Season in Connecticut
- Book Your Connecticut Beach Rental Now!
- 5 Natural Wonders of Connecticut
- 5 Surefire Ways to Leave Behind the Winter Doldrums
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- New 2014 Official Connecticut Visitors Guide Now Available!
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Cabin Fever Reliever
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut Recovers
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Connecticut Wineries