52 GetawaysSee All 52 Getaways
29. Happy Trails
Connecticut has 137 state parks and forests, 800 miles of hiking trails, and 230 lakes and ponds. It's no time to sit still. Pamper your mind and spirit by spending the weekend enjoying gentle and moderate hikes at state parks and other recreational areas throughout the state. If your getaway includes kids, check out No Child Left Inside (www.nochildleftinside.org), a nature-oriented program from the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection. With the goal of reconnecting children with the outdoors, the initiative includes summer contests for families at state parks, periodic special events, and the opportunity for residents to visit state parks free (borrow the DEP parks pass from your local library).
|Experiences Types:||Active Adventures|
|Seasons:||Spring, Summer, Fall|
- 10 Reasons to Love Connecticut during the Holiday Season
- 10 Things to Do in CT - Before You Lose Your Paid Vacation Days
- Made in CT - A Holiday Extravaganza for Gift-Givers
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- Winter Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Fun & Festive New Year’s Eve Celebrations!
- Santa Sightings in Connecticut
- Pick Your Own Connecticut Christmas Tree!
- Holiday Getaways
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- Winter Wine Celebrations 2015
- The Great Stages of Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures