- A Mystic Deal
- Where to Cool Off
- Vote Fan-Favorite
- CT Fireworks 2014
- Try It!
- Beach Rentals
- Adventure Amusements
- Mohegan Sun
- CT Antiques Trail
- On The Water
- CT Beer Trail
- The Summer Circuit
- Park It Here
- Maritime Aquarium
- Classic Drive-Ins
- American Art
- Win a Free Getaway
- Under the Covers
- Outdoor Dining
52 GetawaysSee All 52 Getaways
26. Hike the Appalachian Trail
Through hikers may be going from Georgia to Maine, or vice-versa, but you may just want to bite off the Connecticut portion of the 2,175-mile-long Appalachian Trail. Zigzagging for 52 miles across the state's northwest corner, the trail cuts through charming towns where you can visit historic sites, village taverns and even a covered bridge or two. For trail information (including camping regulations), contact the Appalachian Trail Conservancy (www.appalachiantrail.org) or the Appalachian Mountain Club/Connecticut Chapter (www.ct-amc.org). Whether you're day-tripping or camping over, consider the following highlights.
|Experiences Types:||Active Adventures|
|Seasons:||Spring, Fall, Winter|
|Driving Tip:||Approximately 29 miles|
- Where to Cool Off This Summer
- Connecticut Fireworks 2014!
- Summer Getaway of the Week
- Unexpected Americana Fun!
- Your Ultimate Summer Guide
- Under the Covers: Summer Reading, Connecticut-Style
- State Launches Second-Annual Connecticut still revolutionary Fan-Favorite Town
- Connecticut Inspires Summer Travel With The “Great Getaway To Connecticut Sweepstakes"
- Romantic Couples Escapes
- New Revolutionary Getaways!
- Outdoor Dining in Connecticut
- Book Your Connecticut Beach Rental Now!
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Get Out on the Water!
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures