- Top Destinations
- Fireside Dining
- Winter Attractions
- Skiing & More
- Sleigh Rides
- CT Chocolate Trail
- Cozy Inns
- CT Beer Trail
- Wine Celebrations
- Mohegan Sun
- Active Adventures
- Family Fun
- Arts & Culture
- Rest & Relaxation
- History & Heritage
- Quaint Towns
- Top 10 Dining
- Getaways Under $15
- Eagle / Seal Watches
- St. Patrick's Day
- Maple Sugaring
- Mud Season
- March Madness
Connecticut One Tank Getaways
Imagine a bright and sunny summer afternoon, sitting by the waterfront, digging in to a hearty feast of fresh New England seafood. Or, for outdoor enthusiasts, how about kayaking through rivers, surrounded by beautiful, lush greenery? All this and more is closer than you think, in fact, one tank of gas away!
This summer, Connecticut is unveiling 24 themed getaway options that appeal to all types of travelers and that will only require one tank of gas to accomplish (applicable to travelers living anywhere from Boston to Philadelphia). So, don’t let any weekend go to waste - get in the car and fill-up the tank; this summer’s road trip is just a tank away.
Stretch your legs and get the blood pumping with outdoor activities in Connecticut! The reward is more that just endorphins, but the breathtaking Connecticut scenery that is viewed during any of these activities.
ARTS & CULTURE
People want to return from vacation feeling like they have learned something new and brought bits and pieces of arts and culture home with them. Connecticut’s wide variety of world-class museums, attractions and immersion experiences allow visitors to travel to different time periods and worlds…if only for the weekend.
Connecticut is the perfect place for the quintessential American family road trip this summer. You don’t have to travel to Africa for an unforgettable safari experience or the Caribbean for a memorable beach vacation. Family fun is closer than you think!
HISTORY & HERITAGE
Take a break from the present and go back to history. There's no better place to escape the stress of modernity than a visit to historic homes and towns in Connecticut.
REST & RELAXATION
In need of a truly restful and relaxing vacation? Look no further. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride to Connecticut.
- 34 Ways to Relieve Your Cabin Fever this March
- 2015 Official Connecticut Visitors Guide Now Available
- Your 2015 Connecticut Checklist: Top Attractions and Events to Experience This Year
- Connecticut’s Top Winter Attractions
- March Madness Starts in Connecticut!
- Pet-Friendly Connecticut
- Winter Getaways for Less Than $15
- The Brunch Bunch
- Look What the Experts are Saying About Connecticut!
- Fireside Dining in Connecticut
- 10 Ways to Say “I Love You” in Connecticut
- Cozy Connecticut Inns
- Winter Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- Eagle & Seal Watching in Connecticut
- Winter Wine Celebrations 2015
- Maple Sugaring in Connecticut
- St. Patrick's Day Celebrations!
- Get Muddy This Spring at Connecticut Spas
- Top 10 - Connecticut's Dining Favorites
- Connecticut State Parks “The Sky’s the Limit” 2015 Hiking Challenge
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Weddings in Connecticut
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures