Press Release< back to list
CONNECTICUT REVEALS TOP TEN STILL REVOLUTIONARY DESTINATIONS AND ATTRACTIONS
CONNECTICUT REVEALS TOP TEN "STILL REVOLUTIONARY" DESTINATIONS AND ATTRACTIONS
Residents and Visitors Nominate Inspiring and Innovative Local Favorites
Hartford, CT (August 6, 2012) – Votes are in, and the top 10 Fan-Favorite still revolutionary Connecticut destinations and attractions have been chosen. With more than 1,800 nominations, The Mark Twain House, The New England Air Museum, Connecticut Historical Society and Coventry Regional Farmer’s Market at the Nathan Hale Homestead are just a few examples of the 160 different destinations that fans of Connecticut’s social channels felt most exemplified the state’s new brand – still revolutionary. The socially-driven campaign offered another way for the public to get involved in the state’s marketing efforts.
"Our residents, visitors and industry partners continue to engage with and bring to life the still revolutionary campaign. We are thrilled to see some of Connecticut’s favorite hidden gems amongst some of our most well-known attractions in the Fan Favorite top 10,” said Christopher “Kip” Bergstrom, Deputy Commissioner of the state Department of Economic and Community Development.
Starting today through Aug. 20, fans of Connecticut on Facebook can vote for their favorite of the top 10 in a Facebook poll that will live on the Visit Connecticut page. The final #CTFanFavorite will be determined by popular vote and will be featured in a digital ad spot, as well as in a short documentary video that will run online and on the state’s social media channels this fall.
Top 10 “still revolutionary” destinations and attractions nominated by residents and visitors are:
- Connecticut Historical Society
- Coventry Regional Farmers Market at the Nathan Hale Homestead
- Curtain Call, Inc.
- Harriet Beecher Stowe House
- Hartford Stage
- Hill-Stead Museum
- Levitt Pavilion
- Mark Twain House and Museum
- New England Air Museum
- Westport Country Playhouse
Residents and visitors submitted nominations by posting or tweeting their favorite destination or attraction onto the Connecticut Office of Tourism’s Facebook and Twitter pages and tagging their entry with #CTFanFavorite. The 10 attractions and events that received the most submissions and met the specified criteria were then selected as finalists.
For more information or to vote for your favorite destination in the Fan-Favorite campaign visit the Visit Connecticut Facebook page. For additional information on CT events, 52 Getaway ideas and travel deals check out www.CTvisit.com or follow on Twitter @CTvisit.
About still revolutionary
still revolutionary is a new marketing initiative designed to serve as a rallying point to help build pride among residents and bolster the state’s reputation as a business and tourism destination. It is a 360-degree integrated campaign delivered through a variety of touch points including TV, radio, print, digital, out of home, public relations and social media. Since the campaign launched in May, CTvisit.com has seen a 100% increase in site visitation. The still revolutionary ads have been viewed more than 180,000 times on YouTube and through the strategic media buy have reached the target consumer more than 250MM times with campaign messaging. To date, more than 106,000 people are fans of the Visit Connecticut Facebook page.
About The Connecticut Office of Tourism
Connecticut’s Office of Tourism (COT), a division of the Department of Economic and Community Development, recently debuted the new state brand identity, still revolutionary, a strategic marketing initiative designed to build pride among residents and bolster the state’s reputation as a business and tourism destination. Connecticut is home to fine dining and entertainment, serene beaches and hiking trails, historic treasures, beautiful hotels, quaint B&B’s and world class museums. To obtain more information about Connecticut tourism or plan your next trip, visit www.CTvisit.com or call 1-888-CTvisit.
For media contacts, click here.
- 10 Reasons to Love Connecticut during the Holiday Season
- 10 Things to Do in CT - Before You Lose Your Paid Vacation Days
- Made in CT - A Holiday Extravaganza for Gift-Givers
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- Winter Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Fun & Festive New Year’s Eve Celebrations!
- Santa Sightings in Connecticut
- Pick Your Own Connecticut Christmas Tree!
- Holiday Getaways
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- The Great Stages of Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- A Romantic Night Away
- Splash & Play
- Instant Romance Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Treasure Hunting
- Mystic Seaport Package: The Museum of America and the Sea
- Connecticut Still Revolutionary Culture Seekers
- Holiday Shopping: Stay, Shop & Save!
- Stay & Play: Catch the Holiday Spirit
- CoCo's Rockin' New Year's Eve Party