Press Release< back to list
STATE LAUNCHES SECOND-ANNUAL CONNECTICUT STILL REVOLUTIONARY FAN-FAVORITE TOWN
Statewide program calls for residents, visitors to vote for their favorite revolutionary towns, destinations and attractions
(Hartford, CT) June 12, 2014 – Today Connecticut launched the second-annual, award-winning Connecticut still revolutionary Fan-Favorite Town program. The socially-driven program calls for people to vote for the town that they think most embodies the spirit of the state’s brand, Connecticut still revolutionary — a haven for original ideas and innovation that offers a dynamic blend of experiences. Participants will also have the opportunity to vote for their favorite business, destination or attraction within that town. The program launches on the heels of the state’s new summer tourism advertising campaign, “Revolutionary Thoughts,” which highlights the diverse array of experiences that Connecticut offers within close proximity.
The winning town and destination will receive bragging rights for all of 2014 along with promotional support from Connecticut’s Office of Tourism. For each vote cast, residents and visitors will be entered to win a ZIP to ZEN getaway to Niantic, the 2013 Connecticut still revolutionary Fan-Favorite Town of the Year.
“The Connecticut still revolutionary Fan-Favorite Town program allows us to celebrate and promote the incredible breadth of experiences and unique towns that the state has to offer – from seaside escapes to bustling cities and scenic trails,” said Randy Fiveash, director of the Connecticut Office of Tourism. “By shining a spotlight on the places and spaces across the state that are treasured by our most passionate residents and visitors, we hope to inspire even more people to discover and enjoy Connecticut this summer and beyond.”
Towns and destinations with the most votes will be announced on a weekly basis along with weekly itineraries, featuring unique pairings of experiences inspired by Fan-Favorite Town leaders. Participants are encouraged to vote every day on the Visit Connecticut Facebook page through July 25. Each vote counts as a chance to win the ZIP to ZEN getaway to Niantic, which will offer the grand-prize winner the opportunity to find their ZEN with a four-night stay at the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina and a $100 gift card to Grace boutique, as well as time to ZIP around town and explore neighboring Waterford, courtesy of Niantic Bay Bicycles.
Last year, the 2013 Connecticut still revolutionary Fan-Favorite Town of the Year, Niantic, a small Connecticut village located along the shore of the Long Island Sound, and the Inn at Harbor Hill Marina, captured the hearts of voters and were rewarded with advertising and promotional support from the Connecticut Office of Tourism.
In addition to bragging rights, this year the town and destination with the most votes will receive:
- Advertising support from the Connecticut Office of Tourism
- National and in-state public relations support
- Editorial feature in the 2015 Official Connecticut Visitor’s Guide
- Week-long social media feature across the Connecticut Office of Tourism’s social channels - an audience of more than 200,000
- Honorary plaque
Residents are encouraged to get out and experience their favorite towns and destinations this Saturday, June 14, during the 10th annual Open House Day event. As part of the statewide event, more than 175 destinations are providing special offers for residents, from free state park admissions and boat cruises, to discounted spa services and more – making it the perfect opportunity to discover a new favorite town or destination and then cast a vote to support it.
Those not on Facebook can also vote by going to the Connecticut Office of Tourism’s website or by mailing a hard copy entry. For more details on this year’s Fan-Favorite Town program or imagery, as well as additional information on Connecticut events, trip ideas and exclusive deals check out www.CTvisit.com and follow Connecticut on Twitter @CTvisit.
About The Connecticut Office of Tourism
In 2012, Connecticut’s Office of Tourism (COT), a division of the Department of Economic and Community Development, launched Connecticut still revolutionary as a strategic marketing initiative designed to build pride among residents and bolster the state’s reputation as a business and tourism destination. Connecticut is home to fine dining and entertainment, serene beaches and hiking trails, historic treasures and world class museums. To obtain more information about Connecticut tourism or plan your next trip, visit www.CTvisit.com or call 1-888-CTvisit.
For Immediate Release: June 12, 2014
Connecticut Office of Tourism
FleishmanHillard for the Connecticut Office of Tourism
- 10 Reasons to Love Connecticut during the Holiday Season
- 10 Things to Do in CT - Before You Lose Your Paid Vacation Days
- Made in CT - A Holiday Extravaganza for Gift-Givers
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- Winter Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Fun & Festive New Year’s Eve Celebrations!
- Santa Sightings in Connecticut
- Pick Your Own Connecticut Christmas Tree!
- Holiday Getaways
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- The Great Stages of Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- A Romantic Night Away
- Splash & Play
- Instant Romance Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Treasure Hunting
- Mystic Seaport Package: The Museum of America and the Sea
- Connecticut Still Revolutionary Culture Seekers
- Holiday Shopping: Stay, Shop & Save!
- Stay & Play: Catch the Holiday Spirit
- CoCo's Rockin' New Year's Eve Party