When visiting the Connecticut Office of Tourism's (COT) CTvisit.com site to browse, read pages and/or download information, COT automatically collects and stores the following information, which is used to evaluate the site's efficiency in serving its users.
- The internet domain from which you accessed our site
- The type of browser and operation system used to access our site
- The date and time you accessed our site
- The pages you visit
- And, if you linked from another site, the URL of that site
E-Newsletter Subscriber Lists:
If you voluntarily provide an e-mail address while on the site using our E-Newsletter self-subscribe service, you will receive periodic Connecticut Tourism E-Newsletter updates, unless you elect to opt out. E-mail addresses provided through our e-mail self-subscribe service will not be shared with other businesses outside of COT. Each issue of our E-Newsletter includes directions on how you can unsubscribe if you wish to do so.
Vacation Guide Order Form:
Information voluntarily entered through our Connecticut Getaway Guide Online Order Form may be provided to other Connecticut tourism organizations and businesses on a selected basis, unless you indicate that you do not wish to receive our E-Newsletter. The user's contact information is also used to contact the user when necessary for surveys or contest entries.
Create An Itinerary:
Information voluntarily entered through the Create An Itinerary section of the COT site may be provided to other Connecticut tourism organizations and businesses on a selected basis, unless you indicate that you do not wish to receive our E-Newsletter. The user's contact information is also used to contact the user when necessary for surveys or contest entries. The user may also voluntarily choose to place a cookie (a small text identifying file) on their computer to enable the user to not have to login for each return visit to the Create An Itinerary section. This is the only time a cookie will be used to retain information on the COT site.
- UConn - Campus of Champions!
- Top 5 Reasons to Get Excited for Spring
- Awesome April School Vacation Ideas
- 5 Walkable Wonders
- Visit Essex During the Bicentennial Commemoration of the Historic British Raid
- Lake Compounce Brings in New Dogs, Lasers and Tipis in 2014
- Spring Festivals, Flowers & Family Fun
- “Hoppy Easter, Hoppy Spring!”
- Mud Season in Connecticut
- Book Your Connecticut Beach Rental Now!
- 5 Natural Wonders of Connecticut
- 5 Surefire Ways to Leave Behind the Winter Doldrums
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- New 2014 Official Connecticut Visitors Guide Now Available!
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Cabin Fever Reliever
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut Recovers
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Connecticut Wineries