Creative Winter Dining Last Updated: September 2021
Connecticut’s always been a top spot for great al fresco dining during the spring, summer and fall. Now, with the chlly weather and with COVID-19 restrictions in place, restaurants are innovating new ways to keep diners safe and warm for the colder months– and it's making for even cooler dining experiences.
These added safety measures for winter are in addition to the significant measures restaurants have in place, upholding the Connecticut Restaurant Promise. Here are just a few of the new protocols at Connecticut restaurants:
- Restaurant capacity is limited to to 50%
- Tables are spaced at least 6 feet apart
- Parties can be a maximum of 8 people
- All staff must wear face coverings
- Patrons must wear a mask unless eating or drinking
- Enclosed outdoor spaces must comply with strict sanitization and air ventilation protocols.
Don’t miss this winter’s new, unique, and safe dining experiences — and the chance to support local businesses going the extra mile. With all locations, be sure to call ahead as this special seating is limited.