Ready for a Roaring-Good Time? The 2022 Sunflower Maze at Lyman Orchards opens Saturday, July 30th at 9am!
Grab your favorite red sweater and navigate your way through the 2022 Lyman Orchards Sunflower Maze! 350,000 blooming Sunflowers are crafted into a design featuring Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood! $1 of every admission goes to support Connecticut Children's Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders. The Lyman Orchards family wants children battling cancer to reach for the stars and never lose hope. The Lyman Orchards Sunflower Maze, Connecticut’s only Sunflower Maze officially opens Saturday, July 3oth at 9 am and runs until August 28th.
Meet Daniel Tiger at the Opening Day Ribbon Cutting Ceremony at the Sunflower Maze (105 South Street Middlefield, CT) on July 30th at 9am and throughout the day!*
*Specific Covid-19 restrictions for Daniel Tiger require all visitors to social distance 6 feet from the character.
Fun facts about the Lyman Orchards Sunflower Maze:
- More than 350,000 yellow, orange, and red sunflowers make up this year’s maze
- The maze is approximately 3 acres in size
- 2.5 miles make up the maze's pathways
- The average time to make it through the maze is about 30 minutes
- During your walk amidst the sunflowers you'll see butterflies and yellow finches, with the surrounding orchard hills as a beautiful scenic backdrop
- Your trip through the Sunflower Maze will be educational too as you'll learn all about Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, the popular CPTV Kid's series
- The Sunflower Maze has raised over $162,000 for Connecticut Children’s
- It is Connecticut’s Original Sunflower Maze, now in its 16th year of operation
About Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
Celebrating it's 10 year anniversary and the first series inspired by "Mister Rogers Neighborhood", "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" features 4-year-old Daniel Tiger, son of the original program's Daniel Striped Tiger. Every day Daniel puts on his red sweater, ties his shoes, and invites a new generation of preschoolers into the Neighborhood of Make-Believe. Daniel shares his daily adventures with pals O the Owl, Katerina Kittycat, Prince Wednesday and Miss Elaina. With the help of Daniel and his friends, preschoolers have fun and learn practical skills necessary for growing and developing.
The maze will be open daily from 9:00am to 4:30pm.
Admission is $10 for adults, $6 for ages 4 – 12, and free for children under 3 years.
The last entrance to the maze is at 4:30 p.m. For daily updates on the maze and Pick Your own, call our 24-hour hotline at 860-349-6015. Group pricing is available for companies or outings, please contact [email protected].
2022 Maze Procedures
Ensuring the health and safety of our customers and employees is at the forefront of our 2022 Maze procedures. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Most importantly, we thank you for your patronage!
- If you are sick or not feeling well, please stay home and do not come to the farm or Maze
- We accept cash, credit, debit, and contactless payment options
- Picnicking activity will not be allowed in the Maze
- Animals/Pets will not be allowed in the Maze
- If you require a service animal please contact us in advance for specific guidelines
Make sure to save room for Lyman Orchards Creamery signature ice cream sundaes!
DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD© 2012 The Fred Rogers Company. All rights reserved.