Connecticut's Blossom Season
Spring has sprung in Connecticut, and the landscape will soon be dotted with the ever changing color palette of emerging spring and summer flora. There’s no better time to take a spring trip to Connecticut, where a plethora of exciting events to celebrate the arriving of cherry blossoms, dogwood trees, daffodils and roses will welcome you.
Browse this list of some of the top blossom and garden season events for 2013, and plan a weekend getaway to take in the state’s breathtaking floral displays.
Cherry Blossom Festival
Wooster Square, New Haven
This celebration of spring commemorates the planting of 73 cherry blossom trees in 1973 by the New Haven Historic Commission in cooperation with the New Haven Parks Department. Enjoy live entertainment, great food, exhibits, activities, an art show and more.
Hubbard Park, Meriden
This outdoor family festival with more than 600,001 daffodils on display is located in Meriden’s historic Hubbard Park. Events include parade, juried crafts show, three stages of exciting live entertainment, fireworks, amusement area, carnival rides and food vendors selling everything from fried dough to clam rolls.
Greenfield Hill Congregational Church, Fairfield
In its 78th year, this popular event celebrates the thousands of dogwoods that usher in Connecticut’s spring season. Events include guided walking tours, music, professional art show, original crafts, gifts and boutique items, plants and flowers.
Hill-Stead Museum, Farmington
Enjoy a guided tour of the museum’s Sunken Garden. Shop for perennials and woodland plants, enjoy garden and cooking demonstrations with local experts, consult with horticulturalists and Master Gardeners, join an estate walk and take a self-guided tour of the museum.
Florence Griswold Museum, Old Lyme
A celebration of the site’s historic gardens that includes garden-related special events, workshops and activities for all ages and interests from the novice to the enthusiast. GardenFest culminates with “Blooms with a View” (June 14-16) with stunning arrangements created to interpret works of art.
Wickham Park, Manchester
Join the Park Director for a historical tour of Wickham Park’s six uniquely landscaped gardens, including the English Garden, Oriental Garden, Lotus Garden and Cabin Garden.
Open House Day at White Flower Farm
White Flower Farm, Morris
The famous White Flower Farm catalog comes to life at the historic nursery’s lovely and sprawling gardens in Connecticut’s Litchfield Hills. Mark your calendars for visiting this incredible destination for its annual Open House Day. Old friends and new are welcomed for iced tea and cucumber sandwiches on the lawn. The display gardens should be close to peak and the Begonia House full of renowned Blackmore & Langdon varieties will be hitting its stride. Remember to make advance reservations for the guided tour of the display gardens.
10th Annual Historic Gardens Day, Statewide
Fourteen of the state's most beautiful and unique sites offer special activities emphasizing their garden programs.
May – September
Garden Conservancy Open Days, Statewide
Enjoy self-guided tours at a variety of private gardens around the state throughout the summer during Garden Conservancy’s Open Days. Garden admission is only $5.00 per person, children under 12 are free.
- 12 Ways to Get into the Holiday Spirit NOW
- Six “Secret” Connecticut Ingredients that Will Give Your Holiday Desserts a Twist
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- Pick Your Own Christmas Trees
- Santa Sightings in Connecticut
- Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Holiday Fun Across Connecticut
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut Recovers
- Autumn Hikes
- Connecticut Favorites 2013
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Connecticut Wineries
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Fall Foliage Carriage Ride in Litchfield Hills
- Visit Connecticut Amtrak Discount
- Divine Wine Tasting with Priam Vineyards
- Downtown Hartford: Family Breakfast & River View Too
- Take A Hike Package
- Motorcycle Tour of the Quiet Corner
- Holiday Head Start: Shop, Spa & Stay
- Ride the Ridge at Powder Ridge Ski Mountain Park & Resort
- Festival of Lights Special