- Top Destinations
- Fireside Dining
- Winter Attractions
- Skiing & More
- Sleigh Rides
- CT Chocolate Trail
- Cozy Inns
- CT Beer Trail
- Wine Celebrations
- Mohegan Sun
- Active Adventures
- Family Fun
- Arts & Culture
- Rest & Relaxation
- History & Heritage
- Quaint Towns
- Top 10 Dining
- Getaways Under $15
- Eagle / Seal Watches
Connecticut's Blossom Season
Spring has sprung in Connecticut, and the landscape will soon be dotted with the ever changing color palette of emerging spring and summer flora. There’s no better time to take a spring trip to Connecticut, where a plethora of exciting events to celebrate the arriving of cherry blossoms, dogwood trees, daffodils and roses will welcome you.
Browse this list of some of the top blossom and garden season events for 2013, and plan a weekend getaway to take in the state’s breathtaking floral displays.
Cherry Blossom Festival
Wooster Square, New Haven
This celebration of spring commemorates the planting of 73 cherry blossom trees in 1973 by the New Haven Historic Commission in cooperation with the New Haven Parks Department. Enjoy live entertainment, great food, exhibits, activities, an art show and more.
Hubbard Park, Meriden
This outdoor family festival with more than 600,001 daffodils on display is located in Meriden’s historic Hubbard Park. Events include parade, juried crafts show, three stages of exciting live entertainment, fireworks, amusement area, carnival rides and food vendors selling everything from fried dough to clam rolls.
Greenfield Hill Congregational Church, Fairfield
In its 78th year, this popular event celebrates the thousands of dogwoods that usher in Connecticut’s spring season. Events include guided walking tours, music, professional art show, original crafts, gifts and boutique items, plants and flowers.
Hill-Stead Museum, Farmington
Enjoy a guided tour of the museum’s Sunken Garden. Shop for perennials and woodland plants, enjoy garden and cooking demonstrations with local experts, consult with horticulturalists and Master Gardeners, join an estate walk and take a self-guided tour of the museum.
Florence Griswold Museum, Old Lyme
A celebration of the site’s historic gardens that includes garden-related special events, workshops and activities for all ages and interests from the novice to the enthusiast. GardenFest culminates with “Blooms with a View” (June 14-16) with stunning arrangements created to interpret works of art.
Wickham Park, Manchester
Join the Park Director for a historical tour of Wickham Park’s six uniquely landscaped gardens, including the English Garden, Oriental Garden, Lotus Garden and Cabin Garden.
Open House Day at White Flower Farm
White Flower Farm, Morris
The famous White Flower Farm catalog comes to life at the historic nursery’s lovely and sprawling gardens in Connecticut’s Litchfield Hills. Mark your calendars for visiting this incredible destination for its annual Open House Day. Old friends and new are welcomed for iced tea and cucumber sandwiches on the lawn. The display gardens should be close to peak and the Begonia House full of renowned Blackmore & Langdon varieties will be hitting its stride. Remember to make advance reservations for the guided tour of the display gardens.
10th Annual Historic Gardens Day, Statewide
Fourteen of the state's most beautiful and unique sites offer special activities emphasizing their garden programs.
May – September
Garden Conservancy Open Days, Statewide
Enjoy self-guided tours at a variety of private gardens around the state throughout the summer during Garden Conservancy’s Open Days. Garden admission is only $5.00 per person, children under 12 are free.
- Your 2015 Connecticut Checklist: Top Attractions and Events to Experience This Year
- Connecticut’s Top Winter Attractions
- 10 Ways to Say “I Love You” in Connecticut
- Winter Getaways for Less Than $15
- Look What the Experts are Saying About Connecticut!
- Fireside Dining in Connecticut
- Cozy Connecticut Inns
- Winter Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- Eagle & Seal Watching in Connecticut
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- Winter Wine Celebrations 2015
- Top 10 - Connecticut's Dining Favorites
- Connecticut State Parks “The Sky’s the Limit” 2015 Hiking Challenge
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Weddings in Connecticut
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- 2015 February School Vacation Fun
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- The Great Stages of Connecticut
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Instant Romance Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Connecticut Still Revolutionary Culture Seekers
- Oyster Delight
- Family Ski Package at the Ridge
- Mohawk Mountain Ski & Stay Package
- Mystic in the Winter
- Shoreline Express Package
- January Recovery Special (Save 38-50%)
- Winter Adventure Package: The Eagles are Here!
- Food Lovers Package - Italian Winter Holiday
- Valentine's Day Promotion