- Revolutionary Views
- Scary Fun
- Fall Foliage Report
- Fall Video Getaway
- Play! in Connecticut
- Mohegan Sun
- CT Wine Trail
- Foliage Drives
- Top 10 Hiking
- Rest & Relaxation
- Fall on the Farm
- Foliage Up High
- CT Barns Trail
- Natural Wonders
- Different Museums
- Bridging History
- Charming Towns
- Dining with a View
- CT Antiques Trail
- Maritime Aquarium
- American Art
Connecticut's Blossom Season
Spring has sprung in Connecticut, and the landscape will soon be dotted with the ever changing color palette of emerging spring and summer flora. There’s no better time to take a spring trip to Connecticut, where a plethora of exciting events to celebrate the arriving of cherry blossoms, dogwood trees, daffodils and roses will welcome you.
Browse this list of some of the top blossom and garden season events for 2013, and plan a weekend getaway to take in the state’s breathtaking floral displays.
Cherry Blossom Festival
Wooster Square, New Haven
This celebration of spring commemorates the planting of 73 cherry blossom trees in 1973 by the New Haven Historic Commission in cooperation with the New Haven Parks Department. Enjoy live entertainment, great food, exhibits, activities, an art show and more.
Hubbard Park, Meriden
This outdoor family festival with more than 600,001 daffodils on display is located in Meriden’s historic Hubbard Park. Events include parade, juried crafts show, three stages of exciting live entertainment, fireworks, amusement area, carnival rides and food vendors selling everything from fried dough to clam rolls.
Greenfield Hill Congregational Church, Fairfield
In its 78th year, this popular event celebrates the thousands of dogwoods that usher in Connecticut’s spring season. Events include guided walking tours, music, professional art show, original crafts, gifts and boutique items, plants and flowers.
Hill-Stead Museum, Farmington
Enjoy a guided tour of the museum’s Sunken Garden. Shop for perennials and woodland plants, enjoy garden and cooking demonstrations with local experts, consult with horticulturalists and Master Gardeners, join an estate walk and take a self-guided tour of the museum.
Florence Griswold Museum, Old Lyme
A celebration of the site’s historic gardens that includes garden-related special events, workshops and activities for all ages and interests from the novice to the enthusiast. GardenFest culminates with “Blooms with a View” (June 14-16) with stunning arrangements created to interpret works of art.
Wickham Park, Manchester
Join the Park Director for a historical tour of Wickham Park’s six uniquely landscaped gardens, including the English Garden, Oriental Garden, Lotus Garden and Cabin Garden.
Open House Day at White Flower Farm
White Flower Farm, Morris
The famous White Flower Farm catalog comes to life at the historic nursery’s lovely and sprawling gardens in Connecticut’s Litchfield Hills. Mark your calendars for visiting this incredible destination for its annual Open House Day. Old friends and new are welcomed for iced tea and cucumber sandwiches on the lawn. The display gardens should be close to peak and the Begonia House full of renowned Blackmore & Langdon varieties will be hitting its stride. Remember to make advance reservations for the guided tour of the display gardens.
10th Annual Historic Gardens Day, Statewide
Fourteen of the state's most beautiful and unique sites offer special activities emphasizing their garden programs.
May – September
Garden Conservancy Open Days, Statewide
Enjoy self-guided tours at a variety of private gardens around the state throughout the summer during Garden Conservancy’s Open Days. Garden admission is only $5.00 per person, children under 12 are free.
- 10 Revolutionary Connecticut Views Not to Be Missed this Autumn
- Halloween Family Fun
- 9 Ways to Scare Yourself Silly
- Fall Getaway of the Week
- 2014 Connecticut Country Fair Season
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Report
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Driving Tours
- Dining with a View
- Play! in Connecticut Fall Theatre Festival
- The Great Stages of Connecticut
- Ghost Hunting
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Tee Time: CT’s Top 5 Golf Courses You Can Play
- Best Bike Rides: 7 Ways to Go
- Mountain Biking at Its Best
- Connecticut’s Country Fairs 2014
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- Under the Covers: Fall Reading, Connecticut-Style
- Romantic Couples Escapes
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Five Icons You Must Visit This Fall
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- The Quick Fix Day Spa Package
- Girlfriends Getaway Package
- A Romantic Night Away
- Instant Romance Package
- Lighthouse Stay & Tour Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Historical Tour Package
- Take a Hike...
- Halloween at the Main
- Romantic Fall Weekend Package
- Halloween Masquerade Ball Special
- Connecticut Still Revolutionary Culture Seekers