Connecticut Fall Foliage Report
Connecticut's Fall Foliage season is right around the corner. The State’s Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (DEEP) interactive foliage report map is now available which forecasts the progression of color across our corner of New England. According to their current estimates, peak foliage will be arriving in the northeast and northwest corners of the state around Columbus Day and extending to our shoreline through November 13th.
State foresters are predicting a spectacular foliage season this year. Sufficient rainfall this summer keeping the ground wet and healthy trees will make this year’s foliage better than last year. Great fall weather with warm days and cool nights will deliver beautiful fall foliage. The major peak time for the majority of the State is around Columbus Day. The leaves will change in the northern parts of the state first and then move down towards the shore. A little known fact is that the Connecticut River, starting at the mouth of Long Island Sound (between Old Saybrook and Old Lyme) and going up towards East Haddam, will hold the foliage the longest – into the first week or so of November.
For those planning their visits to Connecticut for the foliage season, a good resource is DEEP's Connecticut's Fall Foliage page. There you will find information on:
- Where to view the fall foliage
- The colors of fall - providing information on the leaf colors produced by different types of trees
- Why leaves change color
We have also put together several spectacular quick to get to, yet hard to forget, foliage driving tours which highlight our scenic routes 1, 7, 9, 15, and 169. Be sure to check out our Travel Deals and book early to reserve your best dates.
Here's to a great fall foliage season in Connecticut!
- 12 Ways to Get into the Holiday Spirit NOW
- Six “Secret” Connecticut Ingredients that Will Give Your Holiday Desserts a Twist
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- Pick Your Own Christmas Trees
- Santa Sightings in Connecticut
- Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Holiday Fun Across Connecticut
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut Recovers
- Autumn Hikes
- Connecticut Favorites 2013
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Connecticut Wineries
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Fall Foliage Carriage Ride in Litchfield Hills
- Visit Connecticut Amtrak Discount
- Divine Wine Tasting with Priam Vineyards
- Downtown Hartford: Family Breakfast & River View Too
- Take A Hike Package
- Motorcycle Tour of the Quiet Corner
- Holiday Head Start: Shop, Spa & Stay
- Ride the Ridge at Powder Ridge Ski Mountain Park & Resort
- Festival of Lights Special