Connecticut Fall Foliage Report
Connecticut's Fall Foliage season is right around the corner. The State’s Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (DEEP) interactive foliage report map is now available which forecasts the progression of color across our corner of New England. According to their current estimates, peak foliage will be arriving in the northeast and northwest corners of the state around Columbus Day and extending to our shoreline through November 13th.
State foresters are predicting a spectacular foliage season this year. Sufficient rainfall this summer keeping the ground wet and healthy trees will make this year’s foliage better than last year. Great fall weather with warm days and cool nights will deliver beautiful fall foliage. The major peak time for the majority of the State is around Columbus Day. The leaves will change in the northern parts of the state first and then move down towards the shore. A little known fact is that the Connecticut River, starting at the mouth of Long Island Sound (between Old Saybrook and Old Lyme) and going up towards East Haddam, will hold the foliage the longest – into the first week or so of November.
For those planning their visits to Connecticut for the foliage season, a good resource is DEEP's Connecticut's Fall Foliage page. There you will find information on:
- Where to view the fall foliage
- The colors of fall - providing information on the leaf colors produced by different types of trees
- Why leaves change color
We have also put together several spectacular quick to get to, yet hard to forget, foliage driving tours which highlight our scenic routes 1, 7, 9, 15, and 169. Be sure to check out our Travel Deals and book early to reserve your best dates.
Here's to a great fall foliage season in Connecticut!
- UConn - Campus of Champions!
- Top 5 Reasons to Get Excited for Spring
- Awesome April School Vacation Ideas
- 5 Walkable Wonders
- Visit Essex During the Bicentennial Commemoration of the Historic British Raid
- Lake Compounce Brings in New Dogs, Lasers and Tipis in 2014
- Spring Festivals, Flowers & Family Fun
- “Hoppy Easter, Hoppy Spring!”
- Mud Season in Connecticut
- Book Your Connecticut Beach Rental Now!
- 5 Natural Wonders of Connecticut
- 5 Surefire Ways to Leave Behind the Winter Doldrums
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- New 2014 Official Connecticut Visitors Guide Now Available!
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Cabin Fever Reliever
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut Recovers
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Connecticut Wineries