- Perfect Summer
- Try It!
- Fan Favorite Towns!
- Where to Cool Off
- Connecticut Open
- A Mystic Deal!
- Beach Rentals
- CT Fairs 2014
- Adventure Amusements
- Mohegan Sun
- CT Antiques Trail
- On The Water
- CT Beer Trail
- Maritime Aquarium
- Park It Here
- Classic Drive-Ins
- The Summer Circuit
- American Art
- Win a Free Getaway
- Under the Covers
- Outdoor Dining
- Top 5 Golf Courses
- Best Bike Rides
Connecticut Fall Foliage Report
Connecticut's Fall Foliage season is right around the corner. The State’s Department of Energy & Environmental Protection (DEEP) interactive foliage report map is now available which forecasts the progression of color across our corner of New England. According to their current estimates, peak foliage will be arriving in the northeast and northwest corners of the state around Columbus Day and extending to our shoreline through November 13th.
State foresters are predicting a spectacular foliage season this year. Sufficient rainfall this summer keeping the ground wet and healthy trees will make this year’s foliage better than last year. Great fall weather with warm days and cool nights will deliver beautiful fall foliage. The major peak time for the majority of the State is around Columbus Day. The leaves will change in the northern parts of the state first and then move down towards the shore. A little known fact is that the Connecticut River, starting at the mouth of Long Island Sound (between Old Saybrook and Old Lyme) and going up towards East Haddam, will hold the foliage the longest – into the first week or so of November.
For those planning their visits to Connecticut for the foliage season, a good resource is DEEP's Connecticut's Fall Foliage page. There you will find information on:
- Where to view the fall foliage
- The colors of fall - providing information on the leaf colors produced by different types of trees
- Why leaves change color
We have also put together several spectacular quick to get to, yet hard to forget, foliage driving tours which highlight our scenic routes 1, 7, 9, 15, and 169. Be sure to check out our Travel Deals and book early to reserve your best dates.
Here's to a great fall foliage season in Connecticut!
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Tee Time: CT’s Top 5 Golf Courses You Can Play
- Best Bike Rides: 7 Ways to Go
- 5 Ingredients for the Perfect New England Summer
- Where to Cool Off This Summer
- Connecticut’s Country Fairs 2014
- Summer Getaway of the Week
- Your Ultimate Summer Guide
- Under the Covers: Summer Reading, Connecticut-Style
- Connecticut Inspires Summer Travel With The “Great Getaway To Connecticut Sweepstakes"
- Romantic Couples Escapes
- New Revolutionary Getaways!
- Outdoor Dining in Connecticut
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Get Out on the Water!
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Try One of Connecticut's Swimming Holes for Water Fun and More
- Hot Diggity Dog! A Connecticut Hot Dog Tour
- The Quick Fix Day Spa Package
- Girlfriends Getaway Package
- A Romantic Night Away
- Instant Romance Package
- Experiences Rail and Beach Package
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame!
- Family Getaway Package
- Lighthouse Weekend Overnight Package
- Lighthouse Stay & Tour Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Historical Tour Package