52 GetawaysSee All 52 Getaways
One of the best ways to enjoy winter is to boldly get out and take on whatever it throws at you. In Connecticut, that can mean a lot of things, from skiing or boarding down one of our snowy slopes, to bundling up and hiking through a forest or even just strolling through a town center. You can always warm up in front of a fire later on.
Plan a tour of Connecticut’s indoor treasures this winter, whether it be world-class murals, Impressionist masterpieces, a regional theater production or a stroll through one of our great museums. As you learn and marvel and perhaps even see something amazing for the first time, you’ll realize there are getaways for the mind as well as the body.
When the weather outdoors turns frightful, Connecticut offers family-oriented indoor attractions that are delightful. You’ll find your kids a great place indoors whether their idea of fun runs to dinosaurs, tigers, sharks, sports or flora and fauna. Put together a vacation day, weekend, or even a snow day with an indoor itinerary they’ll remember.
History knows no season, nor will your travels as you head back in time to immerse yourself in Connecticut’s glorious industrial past, its military installations, its crusading women or even its bridges and town greens. As you travel back and learn, you’ll find that Connecticut’s story is really a lesson in American history as well.
Warming up to winter is something we do very well in Connecticut, whether it’s a fireplace in your room at the inn, a steam bath at a destination spa or a hot show at one of our casinos. Come with friends or that special someone. Relax. Revive. Find your comfort zone in a Connecticut winter.
- You Deserve a Spring Break!
- Easter Bunny Visits & Springtime Fun
- April School Vacation Activities & Fun!
- The Brunch Bunch
- Get Muddy This Spring at Connecticut Spas
- 34 Ways to Relieve Your Cabin Fever this March
- 2015 Official Connecticut Visitors Guide Now Available
- Your 2015 Connecticut Checklist: Top Attractions and Events to Experience This Year
- Connecticut’s Top Winter Attractions
- Pet-Friendly Connecticut
- Look What the Experts are Saying About Connecticut!
- Fireside Dining in Connecticut
- 10 Ways to Say “I Love You” in Connecticut
- Cozy Connecticut Inns
- Winter Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- Winter Wine Celebrations 2015
- Top 10 - Connecticut's Dining Favorites
- Connecticut State Parks “The Sky’s the Limit” 2015 Hiking Challenge
- Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Weddings in Connecticut
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures