52 GetawaysSee All 52 Getaways
If winter’s chilly days and long nights are making you restless, embark on an outdoor adventure and let Jack Frost nip at your nose. Connecticut offers an array of cold weather activities sure to cure the worst case of cabin fever – and have you hoping for snow!
What do a trash museum, handmade gifts, robots and portraits have in common? Well, for one thing they all contribute to Connecticut’s rich and diverse arts and cultural scene. Each offers refuge from the cold weather, as well as hours of entertainment this winter! Explore the state’s art centers, world-renowned professional theaters, offbeat museums and exciting new exhibits along the Connecticut Art Trail for a winter like no other.
The chilly days of winter inspire exciting and unique adventures at Connecticut’s family-oriented theaters, indoor sports centers, ski areas and culinary schools. Try something new or fall back on an old favorite, and create seasonal family traditions and memories that extend way beyond the holidays.
Delve into Connecticut’s deep history this winter, and you will uncover a new world of opportunities!
This winter, take a cue from the season. Embrace its quiet stillness and take some time to relax and recharge after a busy year. Connecticut offers an array of rest and relaxation experiences to meet all needs. If you prefer retail therapy, stroll down a classic Main Street setting and explore the variety of shops and boutiques. To escape it all for a day or two, head to one of our many stress-reducing spas. And to blow off some steam, live it up at the casinos, where gaming, great food, entertainment and sports converge to create an unforgettable experience. And just to get quiet and cozy, find a fireplace to snuggle up with.
- 12 Ways to Get into the Holiday Spirit NOW
- Six “Secret” Connecticut Ingredients that Will Give Your Holiday Desserts a Twist
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- Pick Your Own Christmas Trees
- Santa Sightings in Connecticut
- Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Holiday Fun Across Connecticut
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut Recovers
- Autumn Hikes
- Connecticut Favorites 2013
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Connecticut Wineries
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Fall Foliage Carriage Ride in Litchfield Hills
- Visit Connecticut Amtrak Discount
- Divine Wine Tasting with Priam Vineyards
- Downtown Hartford: Family Breakfast & River View Too
- Take A Hike Package
- Motorcycle Tour of the Quiet Corner
- Holiday Head Start: Shop, Spa & Stay
- Ride the Ridge at Powder Ridge Ski Mountain Park & Resort
- Festival of Lights Special