52 GetawaysSee All 52 Getaways
One of the best ways to enjoy winter is to boldly get out and take on whatever it throws at you. In Connecticut, that can mean a lot of things, from skiing or boarding down one of our snowy slopes, to bundling up and hiking through a forest or even just strolling through a town center. You can always warm up in front of a fire later on.
Plan a tour of Connecticut’s indoor treasures this winter, whether it be world-class murals, Impressionist masterpieces, a regional theater production or a stroll through one of our great museums. As you learn and marvel and perhaps even see something amazing for the first time, you’ll realize there are getaways for the mind as well as the body.
When the weather outdoors turns frightful, Connecticut offers family-oriented indoor attractions that are delightful. You’ll find your kids a great place indoors whether their idea of fun runs to dinosaurs, tigers, sharks, sports or flora and fauna. Put together a vacation day, weekend, or even a snow day with an indoor itinerary they’ll remember.
History knows no season, nor will your travels as you head back in time to immerse yourself in Connecticut’s glorious industrial past, its military installations, its crusading women or even its bridges and town greens. As you travel back and learn, you’ll find that Connecticut’s story is really a lesson in American history as well.
Warming up to winter is something we do very well in Connecticut, whether it’s a fireplace in your room at the inn, a steam bath at a destination spa or a hot show at one of our casinos. Come with friends or that special someone. Relax. Revive. Find your comfort zone in a Connecticut winter.
- 5 Unique Ways to Celebrate Thanksgiving
- 10 Reasons to Love Connecticut during the Holiday Season
- 10 Things to Do in CT - Before You Lose Your Paid Vacation Days
- Made in CT - A Holiday Extravaganza for Gift-Givers
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- Winter Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Santa Sightings in Connecticut
- Pick Your Own Connecticut Christmas Tree!
- Holiday Getaways
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- The Great Stages of Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- A Romantic Night Away
- Splash & Play
- Instant Romance Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Treasure Hunting
- Take a Hike...
- "Holiday Inn" - Goodspeed Dinners
- Mystic Seaport Package: The Museum of America and the Sea
- Connecticut Still Revolutionary Culture Seekers
- Entertainment Package
- Holiday Shopping: Stay, Shop & Save!
- "A Christmas Carol" - 25% off Limited Tickets for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Stay & Play: Catch the Holiday Spirit