52 GetawaysSee All 52 Getaways
As the air grows crisp and the weather cools, Connecticut becomes ablaze with vibrant red, orange and yellow foliage. This fall, get a different perspective on the season’s brilliant hues. With rolling hills, mountains, rambling rivers and an expansive coastline, Connecticut offers plenty of opportunities for leaf-peeping by boat, bike, foot and even balloon!
With nearly 100 museums and performing arts theaters, there’s art around virtually every corner in the state. Whether you enjoy viewing, buying or creating art, Connecticut in the fall has exciting, inspiring experiences for all interests.
From fairs and festivals to orchards and Halloween haunts, autumn in Connecticut offers a multitude of opportunities for building fond family memories. Grab a sweater and head to one (or more!) of the state’s many fall happenings to create your own seasonal traditions.
Connecticut has a fascinating seasonal history, rich with agricultural endeavors, spirited hauntings and early American holiday celebrations. Whether you want to learn about the state’s harvest heritage, experience a historical holiday, discover the real story behind Halloween and Thanksgiving or have a ghostly encounter, Connecticut has the perfect museum or autumn event for you!
Perhaps it’s the shorter days or crisp air, bold leaves or impending holidays that make us want to slow down and enjoy the autumn before it ends. Whichever the reason, Connecticut is the perfect fall destination for relaxation and rejuvenation. Wind down with a long car ride through the country to view the brilliant foliage, holiday cooking classes, an antiques hunt or a day at a scenic vineyard.
- Celebrate Mother's Day, Memorial Day and More in Connecticut
- Get Out! 5 Outdoor Activities to Try in Connecticut
- Connecticut's Blossom Season
- Hike Connecticut’s Blue-Blazed Trails
- Spring Walks
- Outdoor Dining in Connecticut
- Connecticut Open House Day 2013 - June 8th
- Unplug & Relax
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- 2013 Visitors Guide Now Available
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Revolutionary Events in Connecticut History
- Connect with Connecticut on Facebook and Twitter!