34 Things to Do in Connecticut This February Last Updated 1/20
Looking for something to do in Connecticut in February? Whether you want something active, relaxing, cultural, nature-oriented or romantic, we have you covered. Learn more!
For even more ideas check out CTvisit.com where you can search by type of activity under the DO navigation tab, or browse articles full of ideas under the IDEAS tab.
1. Climb to the top. Ever think you could climb a waterfall? Well you can – when it’s frozen. Ascent Climbing offers guided ice climbing lessons for adventurers of all experience levels.
2. Rock it out. Ice climbing a little too intimidating? Don’t worry, adventure can happen anywhere – including indoors. Try out an exciting day of rock climbing at one of Connecticut’s rock climbing gyms like City Climb Gym in New Haven or Central Rock Gym in Glastonbury.
3. Jump for joy. Excitement returns to Salisbury February 7-9, 2020 when the Salisbury Winter Sports Association (SWSA) hosts the 94th Annual Jumpfest, a three-day celebration and competition featuring the best junior ski jumpers in the eastern United States.
4. See eagles soar. Did you know Connecticut is the winter home of eagles who travel south from Maine and Canada when their habitats freeze over? This means that seeing these majestic creatures in person is easier than you think! Catch amazing views of eagles on the Winter Wildlife Eagle Cruises and learn about all the places to see the living symbol of our nation.
5. Try new moves on the slopes. Try out some new snowy activities like night skiing at Ski Sundown, tubing at Mohawk Mountain Ski Area, ski biking at Powder Ridge Mountain Park Resort, or riding e-bikes through the snow at Covered Bridge Electric Bike Rental for a wonderful winter outing.
Rest and Relaxation
6. Pamper your “Galentines.” Celebrate Galentine’s Day on February 13 with all your best girlfriends – take a well-deserved spa day at one of Connecticut’s most beautiful spas.
7. Escape through the page. Curl up in a cozy place and travel to wherever you want – with a good book. Explore one of the best places to read and relax in Connecticut and spend an overnight in a spot with a tie to literature.
8. Float your cares away. Experience peace like you never have before with sensory deprivation therapy at The PuREST Float in Trumbull, Imagine Float in Avon, or Surrender to the Float in Guilford. This activity has even been known to lower blood pressure!
9. Shavasana in a salt cave. Practice yoga in a blissful new location: a salt cave. Try a yoga class at Salt Cave of Darien or meditation-based yoga at Soulshine Salt Cavern in Durham for a whole new level of relaxation. For an entire weekend of bliss, check out the Yoga Retreat Weekend at Winvian Farm in Morris.
Arts, Culture and History
10. Marvel at the murals. Winter weather keeping you indoors? Check out all the captivating larger-than-life artwork that Connecticut art museums have to offer.
11. Go on the (antique) hunt. Connecticut is filled with fascinating vintage treasures waiting to be found. Start your treasure hunt on the Antiques Trail. Here are some tips to help you plan your hunt.
12. See stunning art. Discover Connecticut’s artistic treasures along the award-winning Connecticut Art Trail which includes 21 world-class museums and historic sites, ranging from bucolic farms, art studios and former artists’ boarding houses to grand and modern downtown art museums.
13. Snap some winter beauty. Take advantage of the winter wonderland sights at these Instagrammable winter locations and get the shot that will captivate your followers.
14. See the stages. Catch the fever for theater and check out the great stages in Connecticut.
15. Start spring early. Check out the hundreds of fresh flowers, plants, herbs, bulbs, seeds, gardening books, garden equipment and more at the 39th Annual Connecticut Flower & Garden Show for a taste of spring in February or plant your own plants starting from seeds at Seedy Sunday in Northford.
Food and Drink Adventures
16. Try the best of the best. Looking to really treat your tastebuds? Try out the 2019 Top Restaurants in Connecticut and see which place takes the winning spot in your eyes.
17. Celebrate food holidays. Did you know February is filled with great holidays dedicated to some of your favorite treats? Connecticut has got your celebrations covered. For National Bagels and Lox Day on February 9, visit the boutique “bagelry” at OLMO in New Haven for unique bagel creations. After a bagel breakfast, celebrate with a pizza lunch for National Pizza Day which is also on February 9 – take a bite out of the best pizza in America or snap some shots of Instagrammable pizza. If you're a seafood fan, visit some of Connecticut’s best spots for clam chowder on February 25 for National Clam Chowder Day.
18. Brunch it up. Wake up your weekend with an all-you-can-eat buffet or perhaps a mimosa or two. Make your Sunday a fun day by checking out some of Connecticut’s best brunch spots.
19. Try dessert destinations. Treat your sweet tooth and your camera too with the most photogenic confections in Connecticut. Try these Instagrammable sweet treats or celebrate Valentine’s Day early with some picture-esq chocolate.
20. Be a foodie fan. Love Iron Chef or Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives? Many of the best celebrity chefs actually have restaurants in Connecticut that are fun and easy to check out – and delicious too.
21. Get decorative with dessert. Find your artistic flair – with candy. Decorate your own chocolate bar at Fascia's Chocolates in Waterbury.
22. Make it a maple day. Learn the sweet process of making maple syrup at Backyard Maple Syrup or see demonstrations on the Native American tradition of making maple syrup at Maple Sugaring Demonstrations & Pancake Breakfast.
24. Have a sweet day. Did you know that the world’s most comprehensive collection of PEZ memorabilia is right in Connecticut? Bring the whole family to see the PEZ motorcycle, the world's largest PEZ dispenser and more at the PEZ Visitor Center.
25. Feel the need for speed. If you’re in the mood for some fast-paced fun, check out some of Connecticut’s go-kart tracks like OnTrack Karting in Wallingford or Monza World Class Karting at Foxwoods in Mashantucket.
26. Spread the love. Drop in for Westport Historical Society’s Valentine-Making program and create valentines for loved ones or to be sent to the local senior center.
27. Make learning fun. Take a tour of one of Connecticut’s children’s museums. Visit the planetarium at The Discovery Museum or experience hands-on, minds-on activities at the Connecticut Science Center.
28. Be a fishing enthusiast. The whole family can enjoy the Connecticut Fishing and Outdoor Show at the Mohegan Sun Earth Expo & Convention Center. Check out the exhibitors, demonstrations, competitions and more – and when you’re done, enjoy all the fun that Mohegun Sun has to offer. If you want to put your fishing enthusiasm into action, Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection is offering free ice fishing lessons throughout the winter.
29. Skate the ice. Make a fun family trip to one of Connecticut's great ice skating rinks like Northford Ice Pavilion in Northford, Danbury Ice Arena in Danbury, Edward L. Bennett Ice Skating Rink in West Haven or the International Skating Center in Simsbury for a fun spin around the rink.
Romantic Escapes & Valentine's Day
30. Cozy up by the fire. Whether you’re staying overnight or simply dining out, Connecticut has your Valentines ambiance covered with these romantic fireplace locations.
31. Stray from the cliché. Looking to plan a date they’ll never forget? Try these unique and exciting date ideas or consider these not-so-typical date destinations in Connecticut cities.
33. Find the perfect date spot. Not sure where to take that special someone? Connecticut has plenty of great date spots from theaters to dinner trains – or check out these Valentines-ready places to eat, play, and stay. First date? Third date? Anniversary? Try these date ideas to make to take the stress out of planning.
34. Hit the dance floor. Grab your date and your dancing shoes and spend a fun night at one (or two) of these places to dance in Connecticut.