Sandy Beach offer swimming and sunbathing in a fresh water lake.Read More
Artifacts found at the north end of the lake indicate that the Nipmuc Indians resided here and called the lake Wabbaquasset, meaning "place where cattails grow." The lake was originally called Square Pond or Ruby Lake after the garnets found in the surrounding hills. In 1889, the name was changed to Crystal Lake. Today the entire shore is lined by residential property with only on public beach - Sandy Beach, located at the south end of the lake.
Parking passes may be purchased online through the Activenet system located on the Town of Ellington's website, or at the Ellington Parks and Recreation office.Less