More than 100 juried artists in at least 25 exhibitions yearly guarantee a constant flow of new work.
The Canton Artists’ Guild at the Gallery on the Green opened in 1960. It is Connecticut's longest continuously-running artist guild with a membership of more than 100 juried artisans from towns throughout the greater Farmington River valley. The two story facility has three galleries, a sculpture garden and a gift shop. Before becoming a gallery, the building (built in 1872) had been a two room schoolhouse and then a meeting place for the local volunteer fire department. The non-profit Guild is a place for its artist to gather, share ideas and exhibit and sell their work. It has a very active schedule with nine new month-long exhibits in each gallery throughout the year. Each show typically begins with a gala opening celebration on the first Saturday of the exhibit period. This is free, fun and an excellent opportunity for the public to meet the artists with their art. The gallery is located near the intersection of Dowd Avenue and Route 44 at 5 Canton Green Road in Canton. The main floor gallery is handicapped accessible.
Other Amenities: Open After COVID, ADA Compliant, Groups Welcome
Dates of Operation: Year-round.