Dog-Friendly Places to Play and "Stay" Last Updated 6/19
Love to travel but hate to leave your dog behind? Connecticut loves dogs. From pet-friendly hotels to vineyards that welcome pups to great places to hike together, we’ve got all kinds of ideas to help you plan the perfect road trip with Rover.
Spots to Pamper Your Pooch
In Connecticut, convenient and friendly hotel chains such as Motel 6, Comfort Inn and Ramada Inn welcome most pets. Just be sure to check each hotel’s website for pet-friendly policies. But many of Connecticut’s hotel properties go the extra mile to make sure your four-legged family member feels right at home. Here are just a few of the hotels with packages available.
- After a busy day along the shoreline, the Saybrook Point inn & Spa in Old Saybrook offers Doggie-On-The-Go overnight packages.
- The “Pet-Away” package at the Interlaken Inn in Lakeville includes a room, dinner, plus wine and cheese for you and snacks for your furry family member.
- The “Delamar Doggies” package at the Delamar Southport comes with a welcome treat and goodies for your dog, and 10% off a spa treatment for you.
- The Madison Beach Hotel offers your pup snacks, food and water bowls, and even a doggie bed. Visit in the off season and take your pup for a walk on Hammonasset Beach too (October-April only).
- In Mystic Country, the cottage at Abbey’s Lantern Hill Inn in Ledyard features a fenced-in yard so your pooch can play. And the Harbour Inne & Cottage B&B in Mystic makes all kinds of well-behaved dogs feel welcome.
More Dog-Friendly Destinations
Depending on your destination and budget, there are all kinds of pet-friendly hotels, resorts and even B&Bs all over Connecticut! Here are just a few.
Campgrounds with Canines
Do both you and your best friend love sleeping outdoors? Here are some of the Connecticut campgrounds that welcome pets.
Well behaved, friendly dogs (and people) are always welcome in Connecticut. Browse more of Connecticut’s many great places to stay here. And be sure to visit each property’s website for more on pet policies and fees.
Bring Your Buddy Along
Not only can your dog stay with you at many places in Connecticut, he or she can play with you as well.
- If you share the same tastes, you may enjoy shopping together at the Promenade Shops at Evergreen Walk, South Windsor or at Coventry Farmer’s Market, Coventry.
- You can also enjoy the amazing scenery (and even the tasting room) with your pup at Priam Vineyards, Colchester.
- Dogs are also welcome throughout the scenic, waterfront grounds of Connecticut's spectacular recreated 19th-century seafaring village, Mystic Seaport Museum, Mystic