Celebrate New Year’s Eve with Connecticut’s First Nights!
Step out this New Year’s Eve at one of Connecticut’s festive First Night celebrations! Gather with family, friends and neighbors for a joyous, entertaining evening while welcoming in the New Year.
First Night Hartford 2014 celebrates the visual and performing arts. Enjoy the excitement of the city filled with music, performance groups, artists and exhibits. Explore city and cultural venues such as Wadsworth Atheneum, Old State House, Center Church, Butler-McCook House, Hartford City Hall and State House Square. Ride the Bushnell Park Carousel at night! And, you’ll want to see one or both of the magnificent fireworks shows in Bushnell Park (shows start at 6 p.m. and midnight).
The downtown Hartford event, 2 p.m. to midnight, is multicultural, family-friendly and alcohol-free. Cost: $12 for adults; $3 for kids, ages 3 to 15; and free for kids, ages 2 and younger. For information: (www.firstnighthartford.org ) or 860-727-0050.
There’s family fun for all at First Night Westport/Weston! Kids will delight in the fun of face-painting, animal caricatures and an inflatable park, and to get teens in the New Year’s spirit, there’s a school of rock band. All can listen to the sounds of Broadway music, Gospel, jazz and blues – and even join in a family square dance! Adding to the festivities are palm readers, a magician, a ventriloquist, horse drawn carriage rides, an outdoor warming fire, free tea at the Bigelow Tea House – and more! The event is 4 – 10 p.m. Cost: $15 for entrance to all events; free admission for children ages 2 and under. Information: (www.firstnightww.com).
Marking First Night Danbury is its “Young at Heart” theme, featuring fun and entertainment for generations of families. Vocal illusionist Kenny Warren and his sidekick, “Leroy Cool,” will host the evening’s vaudeville performance at The Palace Danbury. Not deterred by icy temperatures? Attend an ice hockey league workshop, go for a public skate or marvel at the spectacular ice sculpture creations! Be imaginative in an arts and crafts workshop or spend an enchanted evening at the magician’s show. Spend time with animated storytellers or simply take in any of the joyful musical performances of the night. The First Night Danbury celebration is New Year’s Eve, 4 – 8 p.m., downtown Danbury. Cost is $10 per person. Information: (www.firstnightdanbury.org ) or 203-792-1711.
For more holiday events, ideas and fun throughout Connecticut, visit (www.CTVisit.com).
- Your 2015 Connecticut Checklist: Top Attractions and Events to Experience This Year
- Connecticut’s Top Winter Attractions
- 10 Ways to Say “I Love You” in Connecticut
- Winter Getaways for Less Than $15
- Look What the Experts are Saying About Connecticut!
- Fireside Dining in Connecticut
- Cozy Connecticut Inns
- Winter Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- Winter Wine Celebrations 2015
- Top 10 - Connecticut's Dining Favorites
- Connecticut State Parks “The Sky’s the Limit” 2015 Hiking Challenge
- Connecticut’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Weddings in Connecticut
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- 2015 February School Vacation Fun
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- The Great Stages of Connecticut
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Quaint New England Towns & Villages
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- Instant Romance Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Connecticut Still Revolutionary Culture Seekers
- Oyster Delight
- Family Ski Package at the Ridge
- Mohawk Mountain Ski & Stay Package
- Mystic in the Winter
- Shoreline Express Package
- January Recovery Special (Save 38-50%)
- Winter Adventure Package: The Eagles are Here!
- Food Lovers Package - Italian Winter Holiday
- Valentine's Day Promotion