- CT Fairs 2014
- Fall Foliage Report
- Try It!
- Play! in Connecticut
- Mohegan Sun
- CT Wine Trail
- Foliage Drives
- Top 10 Hiking
- Rest & Relaxation
- Fall on the Farm
- Foliage Up High
- CT Barns Trail
- Natural Wonders
- Different Museums
- Bridging History
- Charming Towns
- Dining with a View
- CT Antiques Trail
- Maritime Aquarium
- American Art
Celebrate New Year’s Eve with Connecticut’s First Nights!
Step out this New Year’s Eve at one of Connecticut’s festive First Night celebrations! Gather with family, friends and neighbors for a joyous, entertaining evening while welcoming in the New Year.
First Night Hartford 2014 celebrates the visual and performing arts. Enjoy the excitement of the city filled with music, performance groups, artists and exhibits. Explore city and cultural venues such as Wadsworth Atheneum, Old State House, Center Church, Butler-McCook House, Hartford City Hall and State House Square. Ride the Bushnell Park Carousel at night! And, you’ll want to see one or both of the magnificent fireworks shows in Bushnell Park (shows start at 6 p.m. and midnight).
The downtown Hartford event, 2 p.m. to midnight, is multicultural, family-friendly and alcohol-free. Cost: $12 for adults; $3 for kids, ages 3 to 15; and free for kids, ages 2 and younger. For information: (www.firstnighthartford.org ) or 860-727-0050.
There’s family fun for all at First Night Westport/Weston! Kids will delight in the fun of face-painting, animal caricatures and an inflatable park, and to get teens in the New Year’s spirit, there’s a school of rock band. All can listen to the sounds of Broadway music, Gospel, jazz and blues – and even join in a family square dance! Adding to the festivities are palm readers, a magician, a ventriloquist, horse drawn carriage rides, an outdoor warming fire, free tea at the Bigelow Tea House – and more! The event is 4 – 10 p.m. Cost: $15 for entrance to all events; free admission for children ages 2 and under. Information: (www.firstnightww.com).
Marking First Night Danbury is its “Young at Heart” theme, featuring fun and entertainment for generations of families. Vocal illusionist Kenny Warren and his sidekick, “Leroy Cool,” will host the evening’s vaudeville performance at The Palace Danbury. Not deterred by icy temperatures? Attend an ice hockey league workshop, go for a public skate or marvel at the spectacular ice sculpture creations! Be imaginative in an arts and crafts workshop or spend an enchanted evening at the magician’s show. Spend time with animated storytellers or simply take in any of the joyful musical performances of the night. The First Night Danbury celebration is New Year’s Eve, 4 – 8 p.m., downtown Danbury. Cost is $10 per person. Information: (www.firstnightdanbury.org ) or 203-792-1711.
For more holiday events, ideas and fun throughout Connecticut, visit (www.CTVisit.com).
- Fall Getaway of the Week
- 2014 Connecticut Country Fair Season
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Report
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Driving Tours
- Dining with a View
- Play! in Connecticut Fall Theatre Festival
- The Great Stages of Connecticut
- Ghost Hunting
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- Tee Time: CT’s Top 5 Golf Courses You Can Play
- Best Bike Rides: 7 Ways to Go
- Mountain Biking at Its Best
- Connecticut’s Country Fairs 2014
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- Under the Covers: Fall Reading, Connecticut-Style
- Romantic Couples Escapes
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- The Quick Fix Day Spa Package
- Girlfriends Getaway Package
- A Romantic Night Away
- Instant Romance Package
- Experiences Rail and Beach Package
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame!
- Lighthouse Weekend Overnight Package
- Lighthouse Stay & Tour Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Historical Tour Package
- Take a Hike...
- "Stay-n-Slurp" Package
- Halloween at the Main