Fun & Festive New Year's Eve Celebrations Last Updated 1/19
Ring in the New Year at one of Connecticut’s festive New Year’s Eve and First Night celebrations! Be sure to plan an entertaining outing of celebration and cheer with family and friends this year. Here’s what’s in store for welcoming in the New Year:
Family Fun Celebrations
Celebrate the New Year through the arts at First Night Hartford 2019! This multi-cultural, artistically unique, family-friendly event features musicians, artists, performance groups and exhibits – plus two dazzling fireworks shows (6 p.m. and midnight) in Bushnell Park. Bring the family to the Butler McCook House & Garden to get a head start on the Lunar New Year celebrations. Plus, there’s comedy, face painting, dancing and free ice skating in Bushnell Park until 1 a.m.! The downtown Hartford event starts at 2 p.m.
And in the southern part of the state, First Night Westport is back for its 24th year, with family-friendly activities and performances all over town.
Families with young children can end the year with day time celebrations at Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk with "Noon" Year's Eve; Celebrations Around the World at the Imagine Nation Museum in Bristol; and Count Down to Noon at the KidsPlay Museum in Torrington.
Or, try a little night skiing at the New Year's Eve Ski & Torchlight Parade at New Hartford's Ski Sundown.
Make your resolution to party in style at any one of these great events going on around the state:
- Dance the night away at Mystic Aquarium’s New Year’s Eve Black & White Ball (age 21+).
- Festivities for all ages take place all across Mohegan Sun, including a special concert with Kesha Rings in the New Year in Mohegan Sun Arena.
- In Old Saybrook, the Saybrook Point Inn is ringing in the New Year with a sit down dinner, live entertainment by the Cartells and a night of dancing.
- Welcome 2019 in luxurious style aboard the Mystique! Join us for a spectacular evening of dinner, dancing and live entertainment during the New Year's Eve Gala, departing from Hartford.
- Ring in the New Year Infinity style with Felix Cavaliere's New Year's Eve Party at Hartford's Infinity Hall and at Norfolk's Infinity Hall entertainment by NRBQ.Pop open the champagne at many venues at Foxwoods Resort Casino, including a New Year's Eve concert with Rick Springfield.
- Spend New Year's Eve in the historic Saint Clements Castle in Portland, with an open bar, dinner and dancing throughout the event.
Ease into 2019
Many Connecticut hotels are offering New Year’s Eve packages, so plan now and book early. Ring in the New Year the Riverwind Inn in Deep River with a New Year's Murder Mystery include a three course meal, a professionally stage murder myster show at the inn, overnight accommodations and a full breakfast the next morning. In Cromwell, celebrate the dawn of 2019 in vintage Hollywood-style at Courtyard by Marriott's New Year's at Tiffanys: 2019 Diamond Ball. This classic ball includes elaborate appetizers, buffett dinner, dancing all night, and at midnight watch a live stream directly from New York City countdown.
Here are a few more hotels hosting celebrations around the state:
- The Stamford Sheraton’s Dancing New Year’s Eve celebration includes accommodations, dinner and dancing in the ballroom.
- At the Water’s Edge Resort and Spa in Westbrook, you can stay the night and enjoy a four-course dinner and dance party.
- Make a night of it in Ivoryton at the Copper Beech Inn’s New Year’s celebration, with a spectacular evening of dining, music and a New Year celebration.