Fun & Festive New Year's Eve Celebrations Last Updated 12/17
Ring in the New Year at one of Connecticut’s festive New Year’s Eve and First Night celebrations! Be sure to plan an entertaining outing of celebration and cheer with family and friends this year. Here’s what’s in store for welcoming in the New Year:
Family Fun Celebrations
Celebrate the New Year through the arts at First Night Hartford 2018! This multi-cultural, artistically unique, family-friendly event features musicians, artists, performance groups and exhibits – plus two dazzling fireworks shows (6 p.m. and midnight) in Bushnell Park. Explore civic and cultural venues such as The Old State House, Wadsworth Atheneum, Center Church, Hartford Public Library and the Connecticut Science Center. Bring the family to the Butler McCook House & Garden for a Samurai demonstration starting at 3 p.m. Plus, there’s comedy, face painting, dancing and free ice skating in Bushnell Park until 1 a.m.! The downtown Hartford event starts at 2 p.m.
And in the southern part of the state, First Night Westport is back for its 24th year, with family-friendly activities and performances all over town.
Families with young children can end the year with day time celebrations at Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk with "Noon" Year's Eve; Celebrations Around the World at the Imagine Nation Museum in Bristol; and Countdown to Noon at Norwalk's Stepping Stones Museum for Children and KidsPlay Museum in Torrington.
Or, try a little night skiing at the New Year’s Eve Torch Run at Middlefield’s Powder Ridge.
Make your resolution to party in style at any one of these great events going on around the state:
- Dance the night away at Mystic Aquarium’s New Year’s Eve Black & White Ball (age 21+).
- Festivities for all ages take place all across Mohegans Sun at the 2018 New Year's Eve Celebrations.
- Enjoy a special gala performance of Stage Kiss at New Milford's TheatreWorks. The night includes the performance, hors d'oeuvres and open bar.
- Ring in 2018 on a mysterious note with a New Year’s Even Murder Mystery Masquerade cruise aboard the luxury yacht Mystique.
- Hartford’s Infinity Music Hall & Bistro brings the soul with a New Year’s Eve celebration and performance by Tower of Power.
- Pop open the champagne at many venues at Foxwoods Resort Casino, including the Scorpion Bar, High Rollers Luxury Lanes & Lounge, or the Hard Rock Cafe.
Ease into 2018
Many Connecticut hotels are offering New Year’s Eve packages, so plan now and book early. Ring in the New Year at Woodstock's Inn at Woodstock with a four-course dinner, one night stay and a breakfast buffet the next morning. Celebrate at the Winvian, located in Morris with a spectacular package that includes two-night stay, two massages, New Year's Eve reception, five-course dinner menu and full breakfast each morning.
Here are a few more hotels hosting celebrations around the state:
- The Stamford Sheraton’s Dancing New Year’s Eve celebration includes accommodations, dinner and dancing in the ballroom.
- At the Water’s Edge Resort and Spa in Westbrook, you can stay the night and enjoy a four-course dinner and dance party.
- Make a night of it in Ivoryton at the Copper Beech Inn’s New Year’s celebration, with a spectacular evening of dining, music and a New Year celebration.
- Dance the night away with the sounds of The Cartells at Saybrook Point Inn & Spa's New Year’s Eve gala. Includes full sit down dinner, noisemakers and champagne toast.
- Wicked Peach takes the stage for the festivities at Hilton Mystic's New Year's Eve bash. Enjoy the intimate concert and a champagne toast.