Fun & Festive New Year's Eve Celebrations Last Updated 12/16
Ring in the New Year at one of Connecticut’s festive New Year’s Eve and First Night celebrations! Be sure to plan an entertaining outing of celebration and cheer with family and friends this year. Here’s what’s in store for welcoming in the New Year:
Celebrate the New Year through the arts at First Night Hartford 2017! This multi-cultural, artistically unique, family-friendly event features musicians, artists, performance groups and exhibits – plus two dazzling fireworks shows (6 p.m. and midnight) in Bushnell Park. Explore civic and cultural venues such as The Old State House, Wadsworth Atheneum, Center Church, Charter Oak Cultural Center, Hartford City Hall and State House Square. Bring the family to the Butler McCook House & Garden for a Samurai demonstration starting at 3 p.m. Plus, there’s comedy, face painting, dancing and free ice skating in Bushnell Park until 1 a.m.! The downtown Hartford event starts at 2 p.m.
At Lessard Lanes Family Entertainment Center in Plainville, the whole family can celebrate with a round of indoor mini golf, bowling and pizza. Or try a little night skiing at the New Year’s Eve Torch Run at Middlefield’s Powder Ridge.
And in the southern part of the state, First Night Westport is back for its 23rd year, with family-friendly activities and performances all over town.
Make your resolution to party in style at any one of these great events going on around the state:
- Dance the night away at Mystic Aquarium’s New Year’s Eve Bash (age 21+).
- Celebrate way past midnight at Mohegan’s Sun “Party Into The New Year” followed by a breakfast buffet.
- Ring in 2017 on a mysterious note with a New Year’s Even Murder Mystery Cruise on the Lady Katherine.
- Hartford’s Infinity Music Hall & Bistro brings the soul with a New Year’s Eve celebration and performance by Tower of Power.
- Pop the champagne with Ice-T and Coco at Foxwoods Resort Casino's Winter Wonderland New Year’s Eve Celebration.
Ease into 2017
Many Connecticut hotels are offering New Year’s Eve packages, so plan now and book early. The Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa invites you to celebrate in style with overnight accommodations, sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries to welcome you, and a pre-fixed three-course dinner for two. With late check-out included, you can sleep in or enjoy the hotel’s indoor pool, fitness center, whirlpool or spa.
Here are a few more hotels hosting celebrations around the state:
- The Crowne Plaza in Danbury has teamed up with i95 WRKI and KICKS 105.5 to put on a big New Year’s Eve extravaganza.
- Ring in the new year in style with hotel dinner packages from the Delamar Greenwich or the Delamar Southport.
- The Stamford Sheraton’s Dancing New Year’s Eve celebration includes accommodations, dinner and dancing in the ballroom.
- WInvian Farm in Morris is offering a New Year’s Spectacular package, complete with massage dinner and New Year’s Eve reception event.
- At the Water’s Edge Resort and Spa in Westbrook, you can stay the night while enjoying a four-course dinner and dance party.
- Enjoy the New Year’s Eve dinner package at Woodstock’s Inn at Woodstock, including room and breakfast buffet.
- Make a night of it in Ivoryton at the Copper Beech Inn’s new year’s celebration, with a deluxe room, a five-course dinner, music from a Jazz trio and a midnight toast, and brunch the next day.
- Or extend your celebration with a two-night package including hotel, dinner and New Year’s Eve gala at The Saybrook Point Inn Marina & Spa.