Fun & Festive New Year's Eve Celebrations Last Updated 12/19
Ring in the New Year at one of Connecticut’s festive New Year’s Eve and First Night celebrations! Be sure to plan an entertaining outing of celebration and cheer with family and friends this year. Here’s what’s in store for welcoming in the New Year:
Family Fun Celebrations
Celebrate the New Year through the arts at First Night Hartford 2020! This multi-cultural, artistically unique, family-friendly event features musicians, artists, performance groups and exhibits – plus two dazzling fireworks shows (6 p.m. and midnight) in Bushnell Park. Bring the family to the Butler McCook House & Garden to get a head start on the Lunar New Year celebrations. Plus, there’s comedy, face painting, dancing and free ice skating in Bushnell Park until 1 a.m.! The downtown Hartford event starts at 2 p.m.
Families with young children can end the year with day time celebrations at Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk with "Noon" Year's Eve; Celebrations Around the World at the Imagine Nation Museum in Bristol; Count Down to Noon at the KidsPlay Museum in Torrington, and Stepping Stones Museum of Children in Norwalk celebrates with rock around the clock during Noon O' Clock Rock.
Or, try a little night skiing at the New Year's Eve Ski & Torchlight Parade at New Hartford's Ski Sundown.
Make your resolution to party in style at any one of these great events going on around the state:
- Festivities for all ages take place all across Mohegan Sun, including a special performance with the Impractical Jokers in Mohegan Sun Arena.
- In Old Saybrook, the Saybrook Point Inn is ringing in the New Year with a sit down dinner, live entertainment by the Cartells and a night of dancing.
- Spend New Year's Eve in the historic Saint Clements Castle in Portland, with an open bar, dinner and dancing throughout the event.
- Foxwoods Resort Casino offer special activities and deals throughout, along with a huge New Year's Eve celebration at the Shrine with entertaintment by Vinny Vibe.
- Ring in the New Year with music of Led Zeppelin, performed by Lez Zeppelin at the Warehouse in Fairfield Theatre Company, located in Fairfield.
- The Tamarack Lodge in Voluntown transforms into a speakeasy in the 1920s during Prohibition. Live music, food, party favors included; get your attire together and bring in the New Year with tons of fun.
Ease into 2020
Many Connecticut hotels are offering New Year’s Eve packages, so plan now and book early. Ring in the New Year at the Inn at Middletown, a spirited destination in a quintessentially New England environment. In Cromwell, celebrate the dawn of 2020 at the annual New Year's Eve Gala at the Courtyard by Marriott. Evening includes dinner, overnight accommodations, gala, champagne toast, buffet breakfast in the morning, and much more.
Here are a few more hotels hosting celebrations around the state:
- The Stamford Sheraton’s Dancing New Year’s Eve celebration includes accommodations, dinner and dancing in the ballroom.
- At the Water’s Edge Resort and Spa in Westbrook, you can stay the night and enjoy a four-course dinner and dance party.
- Make a night of it in Ivoryton at the Copper Beech Inn’s New Year’s celebration, with a spectacular evening of dining, music and a New Year celebration.