Cut or Pick Your Own Christmas Tree & More in Fairfield County! Last Updated: December 2020
Exactly when does that joyful holiday spirit really kick in? That’s easy – when you bring home the Christmas tree! So why not make a memorable day of it by visiting a local tree farm and cutting your own? Find out which species provide the perfect color, branch strength, needle retention and aroma for your home. Each farm adds their own special touches – like cider and hot chocolate, hayrides and visits from Santa. So, bundle up, grab the kids and Rex (on a leash) and rev up the holidays at a Connecticut Christmas Tree Farm.
And be sure to check with each location before venturing out, as hours may change due to COVID-19.
Christmas Tree Farms
- At Fairview Tree Farm in Shelton you can hunt for the perfect tree and have it wrapped, loaded and tied onto your car. Don’t miss the Christmas Shoppe for a selection of unique ornaments and décor.
- Grab a saw and stroll through a flat 12-acre plantation at H. Smith Richardson Christmas Tree Farm in Westport to find a Douglas Fir, White Spruce or Blue Spruce with your name on it. Pre-cut trees, wreaths, decorations and tree-wrapping available. A portion of the proceeds benefits Connecticut Audubon Conservation and Education programs.
- Combine Christmas tree hunting and wine tasting at Jones Family Farm in Shelton. Kids will love exploring acres and acres of trees, and each family will take home a complimentary keepsake pewter ornament.
- Founded in 1769, Maple Row Farm in Easton offers hayrides through more than 200 acres featuring nine hearty species. You can also select a pre-cut tree, wreath and garland from their fresh stock. Don’t miss the giant oxen (well, you can’t). Tailgaters welcome!
- Sabia Tree Farm in Easton offers not only lovingly cared-for Christmas trees, but also handmade wreaths and gifts from local vendors, including glass ornaments, handmade candles and luminaries, and rustic signs.
Stay for an Extended Stay
Why not spend a day or more by exploring more activities while you are in the area. Check out the annual Greenwich Reindeer Festival in Greenwich runs through December 22. You get to visit with Santa’s reindeer Dasher, Dancer and Vixen. In Bridgeport, enjoy the beauty of nature in a safe, outdoor setting at Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo's Winter Wonderland Walk.