Made in Connecticut: Gift Giving Ideas Last Updated: May 2021
Rejoice! Your search for a thoughtful, unique, never-to-be-forgotten gift is over! We’ve scoured Connecticut from north to south and east to west to come up with this guide that should cover most of your gift-giving (and gift-getting) bases.
Food & Drink
What is more welcome than a gift of food? And what better way to begin a holiday visit or send greetings to a loved one? But where to begin? There are so many different kinds of food that are made in Connecticut that it’s hard to summarize. But to get you off to a good start, whether you’re ordering by mail or picking up in person, we’ll suggest:
Candy & Sweets
Everyone likes to get candy in the mail (or hand-delivered, for that matter) and Connecticut has a number of candy makers worth noting.
Fashion & Accessories
There’s something special about putting something on that hasn’t been mass-produced, isn’t there? You feel good about it, and chances are no one else will be wearing the same thing.
Made by Hand
Resist the urge to go to the mall, and consider a homegrown gift from one of many of Connecticut's hometown artisans and craftsmen.
The Gift of Experiences
Know someone who’s impossible to buy for? Why not give them a great Connecticut experience, such as:
- A day (or more) on the water, sailing on an authentic New England schooner
- An amazing driving experience at Thompson Speedway or Lime Rock Park
- A fly fishing lesson on the Housatonic or Farmington Rivers
- A foodie tour of gourmet restaurants in New Haven
- A hot air balloon ride over the Farmington River Valley or Litchfield Hills
- A gift card for a visit to a Connecticut winery, such as: Sunset Meadow Vineyards in Goshen, Saltwater Farm Vineyard in Stonington, Paradise Hills Vineyard in Wallingford or Preston Ridge Vineyard in Preston.