Holiday Tidings - Christmas Fairfield County Style Last Updated 12/20
Even during these challenging times, Fairfield County is brimming with safe holiday festivities and cheer for the whole family to enjoy! As always, be sure to check with each location before making plans as hours and details may change due to COVID-19.
Great Holiday Events
- The Lockwood Mathews Mansion Museum in Norwalk is filled with magic and history through January 3 with Christmas Playtime at the Mansion, featuring magnificent holiday displays, decorated trees, antique toys and designer showcases.
- Treat your family to a spectacular holiday light display from the safe comfort of your car at the Worldwide Lights Celebration Car Parade at Stepping Stones Museum for Children in Norwalk, featuring a Luminescent Light Forest with nontraditional trees, a beautiful Evergreen display plus Twinkle and Twilight – the museum’s very own talking trees and more, through December 23.
- The Greenwich Reindeer Festival, through December 22, features three of Santa's favorites – Dasher, Dancer and Vixen. Pick out your Christmas tree, holiday plantings and more – and don’t miss the Christmas Shop for festive, fun, unique holiday gifts.
- For holiday shopping, in New Canaan at the Carriage Barn Arts Center’s Deck the Walls is showcasing the sale of small, original artwork and a showcase and auction of one-of-a-kind holiday wreaths until December 12.
- For the entire family Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport has something for everyone at the Winter Wonderland Walk. A safe way to enjoy the holidays with ten festive vignettes, from Fairy House Lane and a train display, Imagination Station, to custom artist and children-designed snowmen, a Dreidel Drive, and Kris Kringle Corner. Events through January 6.
- Going out at night, make sure to visit downtown Stamford during their Winter Holiday Lights.