Holiday Tidings - Christmas Litchfield Hills Style Last Updated: December 2021
Even during these uncertain times, the Litchfield Hills are brimming with safe holiday festivities and cheer for the whole family to enjoy! So, head out, explore and create wonderful holiday memories!
Start Holiday Family Traditions
- The Ridgefield Playhouse presents an incredible variety of holiday entertainment for the whole family, including Christmas with The Celts on December 16, Dance to the Holidays with Keo Motsepe and Anna Trebunskaya on December 19, and The Nutcracker – Bolshoi Ballet Encore in HD on December 22.
- Carl Bozenski's Christmas Village in Torrington has been a magical holiday attraction for 74 years, enchanting visitors young and old, featuring individual rooms to meet both Santa and Mrs. Claus; a Toy Shop with elves hard at work; reindeer, seasonal lights and displays – hot chocolate, too! This free event runs through December 24.
- That Certain Shade of Christmas transforms the Washington Art Association & Gallery into a magical shopping experience through December 25. The annual 2021 Holiday Gift Show features unusual and one-of-a-kind handmade pieces where color, décor, and gifts are unexpected and frankly, slightly off, including exceptional jewelry in copper, silver, and Italian Murano glass beads, functional and sculptural ceramics, exquisite cards, beeswax, and soy candles, hand turned and carved wooden gifts and of course, artwork by WAA members.
- Want to avoid the hassle and cost of last-minute gift wrapping? Stop by the Torrington Library on December 23, from 5 p.m.-7 p.m. for their Christmas Present Wrapping Extravaganza. Enjoy holiday music, coffee, hot chocolate, Christmas cookies, and a large supply of wrapping materials for you to use. Bring your friends and have a gift-wrapping party at the library as you spread holiday cheer and check one more task off your list.
- Adults and children alike can experience the magic of Christmas aboard the Northern Lights Limited trains. Departing from the historic Thomaston Train Station through December 23 under the cover of nightfall, the train cars are illuminated inside and out in a soft, cheerful glow as you journey to the North Pole, picking up Santa and Mrs. Claus along the way. Travel through the cold winter wilderness while enjoying a visit with Santa and his Elves inside the cozy warmth of the train. Each child will receive a special gift from Santa’s toy bag!
Stay for a Night
There are some many options for overnight accommodations in the Litchfield Hills. You can choose what type of place you would like to make an overnight stay here.