Holiday Tidings - Christmas Litchfield Hills Style Last Updated 1/21
Even during these challenging times, Litchfield Hills is brimming with safe holiday festivities and cheer for the entire family to enjoy! And be sure to check with each location before venturing out, as hours may change due to COVID-19.
Start Holiday Family Traditions
- This year, the Holiday Festival in Newtown has been transformed into a series of at-home and virtual events, including Letters to Santa, Scavenger Hunt, Secret Stocking Silent Auction, Elf Chats, Edible Creations Competition, Elf on the Shelf Competition and more!
- Just hear those sleigh bells ring-a-ling in the Winter Wonderland at Wood Acres Farm, where you’ll feel like you’re living in a classic holiday carol. This picturesque destination, nestled in the lovely town of Terryville, offers 45-minute horse-drawn sleigh rides through the snow. With gentle flurries floating toward the ground, the area takes on an enchanting glow.
- December 11 is Washington’s Drive-Through Holiday in the Depot and Tour of Lights. Families are invited to join the tour to see a festive display of lights, beautifully decorated windows, singing station by SingOut! CT, plus a visit from Santa at Town Hall waving from his Winter Wonderland!
- Broadway comes to you at The Ridgefield Playhouse, in A Slightly Wicked Holiday Show on December 19 that’s perfect for the entire family; a socially-distanced, limited-seating performance of the hits songs from Wicked.
- See Santa and his elves from the comfort and safety of your own car and hear him talking to you and your children on your car radio. See lights, displays and characters as you drive around Indian Lake during the Santa Lights Up the Lake at the Indian Rock Nature Preserve in Bristol on December 10-13.
- The quaint town of West Cornwall is hosting Twelve Days of Christmas from December 12 through January 3, 2021. Artists create one-of-kind holiday display as a walking tour that turns the small village a virtual holiday-themed art gallery. The experience is designed to be a kind of treasure hunt through the illuminated town streets with the installations tucked away inside the windows of local. It’s a perfect way to get infuse some holiday spirit into Covid-19 restricted environment.
- The Storywalk on Frankin® in Torrington, which runs through December 25, is a wonderful way for all ages to enjoy reading and the outdoors at the same time. Laminated pages from The Night Before Christmas picture book are installed along the Franklin Plaza. Your reading journey begins a Patterson Park where can experience holiday music as you "walk" through the pages of the story and children can collect and create a small craft project reminiscent of the pages being read.
- For those looking for unique gifts, in Falls Village at the Hunt Library, you can browse for those items during the Holiday Pop-Up Shop through January 9, 2021.
Stay for a Night
There are some many options for overnight accommodations in the Litchfield Hills. You can choose what type of place you would like to make an overnight stay here.