Discover Connecticut’s artistic treasures along the award-winning Connecticut Art Trail, 23 world-class museums and historic sites ranging from bucolic farms, art studios and former artists’ boarding houses to grand and modern downtown art museums.... Read More
Discover Connecticut’s artistic treasures along the award-winning CT Art Trail, 23 world-class museums and historic sites ranging from bucolic farms, art studios and former artists’ boarding houses to grand and modern downtown art museums.
23 museums featuring over 500,000 works of art within permanent collections.
Make the Connecticut Art Trail the centerpiece of your next travel experience by purchasing the $35 Passport-Journal, which unlocks hundreds of dollars in discounts, gifts, and other benefits. The Passport-Journal allows pass-holders admission to all 23 member museums and historic sites on the Trail once each within one year:
- Art Museum, University of St. Joseph
- Bruce Museum
- Center for Contemporary Printmaking
- Fairfield University Art Museum
- Florence Griswold Museum
- Greenwich Historical Society/Bush-Holley House Museum
- Hartford Art School Galleries, University of Hartford
- Hill-Stead Museum
- Lyman Allyn Art Museum
- Mattatuck Museum
- MoCA Westport
- Mystic Museum of Art
- New Britain Museum of American Art
- Silvermine Arts Center
- Slater Memorial Museum
- Stamford Museum & Nature Center
- The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum
- The Housatonic Museum of Art
- Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art
- Weir Farm National Historical Park
- William Benton Museum of Art, University of CT
- Yale Center for British Art
- Yale University Art Gallery
Buy your Passport-Journal online or at any member museum.
The Trail was launched in 1995 as the Connecticut Impressionist Art Trail, celebrating Connecticut's ten museums and historic sites that highlighted American Impressionism. In 2005, the member museums voted to expand its membership beyond Impressionism to include even more quality museums and historic sites, including European masterpieces, American Impressionism, ancient art and contemporary culture. This strategic initiative was accomplished in order to reach a broader audience and showcase the diversity of collections within the state.Pricing: $35 Passport for admission to all 23 museums and historic sites within one year.
Other Amenities: Bus Parking, Gift Shop, Groups Welcome, Guided Group Tours, Indoor Activity, Meeting/Event Facilities, Planned Activites, Store, Toilets, Nature Trails
Dates of Operation: Year-round.