The Hyland House Museum (1713) is an historic house museum. It is is completely furnished with an exceptional collection of 17th- and 18th-century furniture and artifacts.Read More
The Hyland House is an historic house museum, named for George Hyland, the settler who purchased the land on which it stands in 1657.
The two-story saltbox structure was built circa 1713 by Hyland’s son-in-law Isaac Parmelee. The National Registry of Historic Places describes it as a “landmark building in the history of domestic architecture.” The homestead inhabitants included Ebeneezer Parmelee, a master clockmaker, and Candace, an enslaved woman for whom Guilford’s first Witness Stone was placed in the museum’s front walkway.
The house opened as a non-profit museum in 1918. For more than a century, the Hyland House has been sharing Guilford’s rich colonial history through tours, events, hands-on programs, classes, and research.Pricing: Admission is $3, unless otherwise specified. Free admission for tours and programs for visitors under 18 accompanied by an adult.
Other Amenities: Groups Welcome, Guided Group Tours
Dates of Operation: June – September