In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
Holiday cheer is upon us in Connecticut! Get in the holiday spirit by getting out and experiencing some of the brilliant holiday lights festivals and displays around the state. Gather your family and friends for a festive, magical, memorable outing sure to delight audiences of all ages.
Start a family tradition with the third annual “Lake Compounce Holiday Lights” taking place on weekend evenings during the holiday season starting November 28. At this Connecticut holiday event hundreds of thousands of lights and exciting holiday entertainment and activities transform the park into a magical winter wonderland! Festivities include a spectacular light show every half hour at the main gate and the Lake Compounce Train, which is transformed as if by magic into the North Pole Railway, operated by a very special, uniformed train conductor with a captivating holiday story to tell. Enjoy family themed rides as well as indoor activities such as cookie decorating and gingerbread house making.
The ever-popular “Lantern Light Tours” return this year to Mystic. Step back in time to Christmas Eve in 1876 and experience a celebration of a Christmas as it was in a 19th century seafaring town. The very rare and special tour allows participants to feel the sway of the horse drawn wagon, the lights of the docked ships, a lively musical tavern scene and storytelling.
A package from the historic Whaler's Inn will ensure that you don’t miss this heart-warming event! Available December 6 & 13, the Holiday Lantern Light Tour package includes: overnight accommodations; lunch for two at the Captain Daniel Packer Inn Restaurant; and two tickets to the Lantern Light Tour. Package rates are $222 to $292 per couple.
The Connecticut Trolley Museum in East Windsor is offering “Winterfest & The Tunnel of Lights,” a trolley ride that carries visitors into the festive season! Beginning November 28 and running through December, visitors can ride the open “electric sleigh” through the “Tunnel of Lights” accompanied by motormen singing traditional Christmas carols.
Another fun-filled experience is aboard the Northern Lights Limited – Train Rides with Santa, at the Railroad Museum of New England in Thomaston. An evening holiday train ride with Santa features a Festival of Lights both inside and outside the train and at historic 1881 Thomaston Station. During this hour-and-20-minute ride, children of all ages will enjoy a journey to Santa's Train Workshop where Santa will board and merrily greet everyone.
Other popular festivals of lights happening in the state include the must-do “Holiday Light Fantasia” in Goodwin Park in Hartford, open nightly from Thanksgiving Day to New Year’s Day. Drive through two miles of lighted animations that celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, New Year’s and Three Kings Day. On your whimsical and fantastic journey, you’ll see a wonderland of more than one million lights!
Celebrate the season at Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven where you can drive through “Fantasy of Lights,” an enchanting land of spectacular, sparkling light displays. Be dazzled by more than 100,000 lights while seeing more than 60 attractions that include animated and LED light displays!
“The Festival of Silver Lights” in Hubbard Park, Meriden, is a spectacular display with 200,000 white lights and 300 lighted characters throughout the park. There is no cost to drive through the park and enjoy the many displays in trees, on the ponds and nestled in the park’s natural habitat.
For other holiday lights displays and special events, go to www.CTvisit.com and visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/visitconnecticut, Twitter page at www.twitter.com/ctvisit, Pinterest page at http://pinterest.com/visitct/ and on Instagram at http://instagram.com/ctvisit.
- 10 Reasons to Love Connecticut during the Holiday Season
- 10 Things to Do in CT - Before You Lose Your Paid Vacation Days
- Made in CT - A Holiday Extravaganza for Gift-Givers
- In Connecticut, Follow the Lights to Holiday Cheer!
- Winter Sleigh Rides in Connecticut
- Fun & Festive New Year’s Eve Celebrations!
- Santa Sightings in Connecticut
- Pick Your Own Connecticut Christmas Tree!
- Holiday Getaways
- Skiing, Snowboarding & Tubing in Connecticut
- Making the Most of the Wine Trail
- The Great Stages of Connecticut
- Connecticut’s Top 10 2014 Fan-Favorite Towns
- New Connecticut Antiques Trail
- Connecticut's Top 10 Hiking Trails
- Connecticut Chocolate Trail
- Find the Perfect Ale along Connecticut's Beer Trail
- Connecticut Favorites 2014
- Revolutionary Connecticut
- Connecticut's Cultural Treasures
- A Romantic Night Away
- Splash & Play
- Instant Romance Package
- Create-Your-Own-Package & Save
- Treasure Hunting
- Mystic Seaport Package: The Museum of America and the Sea
- Connecticut Still Revolutionary Culture Seekers
- Holiday Shopping: Stay, Shop & Save!
- Stay & Play: Catch the Holiday Spirit
- CoCo's Rockin' New Year's Eve Party