Former tavern, 1731 center chimney Colonial furnished with antiques, perennial gardens. Four rooms (one cottage, three with fireplace), private bath, a/c.Read More
Return to 18th century New England as you step through the door of our historic home. Built in 1713, the Daniel Rust House was originally licensed as a tavern from 1800 to 1832. Our sign is an exact replica of the original that now resides in the Connecticut Historical Museum in Hartford. A tavern was a place for travelers to rest and refresh themselves before undertaking the remainder of their journey. We strive to continue that tradition today. We offer three guest rooms in the main house, each with a private bath. Two of the rooms have fireplaces and queen sized beds. The third room has a 3/4-size bed and a view of the gardens. The Cottage is located behind the house and is a fully equipped studio apartment with either a king sized bed, or two twin beds, fireplace, kitchenette and bath. The Cottage also has cable TV and VCR. All rooms are furnished with antiques and period reproductions. Down comforters assure a cozy night's sleep. The cooking hearth is the center attraction in the keeping room, along with the original beehive oven. The room still includes original features such as wide chestnut floorboards and paneled walls. Two acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, including perennial gardens and an old apple orchard, are available for guests to stroll at their leisure. A full country breakfast is served daily.
Other amenities: Iron/Ironing board in room, Microwave in room, Whirlpool/jacuzzi