Alternate Text

The Glass House

The Glass House, built between 1949 and 1995 by architect Philip Johnson, is  historic site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation located in New Canaan, CT. The pastoral 49-acre landscape comprises the midcentury modern Glass House (1949) as well as fourteen structures- follies, outdoor sculptures and more, and features a... Read More

The Glass House, built between 1949 and 1995 by architect Philip Johnson, is a historic site of the National Trust for Historic Preservation located in New Canaan, CT. The pastoral 49-acre landscape comprises the midcentury modern Glass House (1949) as well as fourteen structures- follies, outdoor sculptures and more, and features a permanent collection of 20th-century painting and sculpture. The site also exhibits temporary exhibitions and online programming. The campus serves as a catalyst for the preservation and interpretation of modern architecture, lart, and andscape, and a canvas for inspiration and experimentation. The tour season runs from April through November and advance reservations are required. Private tours are available all year by appointment. 

Pricing: Tickets start at $40

Other Amenities: Open After COVID, ADA Compliant, Bus Parking, Gift Shop, Groups Welcome, Guided Group Tours, Meeting/Event Facilities, Special Rentals

Dates of Operation: Tours annually run April –Nov.30. Advances tickets required.

Less

Location:

199 Elm St.
New Canaan, CT 06840

Hours:

10-5.

Upcoming Events

While You're in the Neighborhood