Easter Bunny Visits & Springtime Fun Last Updated: April 2022
The Easter Bunny is visiting Connecticut this spring! Be on the lookout for the Easter Bunny at many Easter-themed and bunny-inspired events throughout the state. Enjoy fun and glorious springtime activities to celebrate the arrival of the new season. Plan a delightful outing and step out with your young ones, your special someone, or your friends. It’s time to get hopping! And be sure to check with each location before venturing out, as hours may change.
Find even more events here!
Ride the Rails with the Easter Bunny!
- Take as many trolley rides as you like during Easter Eggspress at the Connecticut Trolley Museum in East Windsor, April 9-10 and April 15-16. Motorwoman Cotton-Tail will be roaming the grounds and posing for pictures. Each child receives an Easter egg with a surprise inside. Other activities include a scavenger hunt and crafts.
- Families can ride on a 100-year-old restored trolley on the Easter Bunny Trolley Rides at the Shore Line Trolley Museum in East Haven, April 9-10 and April 15-16, where children can meet the Easter Bunny.
- Climb aboard the Easter Bunny Express at the Railroad Museum of New England in Thomaston on April 9 and April 15-16. Enjoy a scavenger hunt and meet the Easter Bunny and receive a chocolate-filled egg from his own collection.
- Hop aboard the Essex Steam Train in Essex on April 9-10 and April 15-16 for Bunny Breakfast and Bunny Lunch. Children will receive their honorary bunny ears as they board and a gift from the Easter Bunny himself as they depart Essex Station.
Hunt for Eggs!
- Stop for candy-filled eggs along the enchanted bunny trail at East Haddam's Ray of Light Farm, Easter Egg Drive-Through on April 2-3 and April 9-10.
- At Newtown's EverWonder Children's Museum, children can join in on the fun by hunting for eggs, visiting with the Easter Bunny, and enjoying the game annual Easter Egg Scramble on April 3. On April 2, children 7-12 can enjoy the Museum's Flashlight Egg Hunt.
- At the New Canaan Nature Center, children ages 2 to 10 get the chance to hunt eggs on April 7 through April 9, during the Great Egg Hunt & Spring Celebration. In addition to the hunt is a spring scavenger hunt.
- Hunt for eggs in the trees at the Adventure Parks in Storrs and Bridgeport on April 8-10 and April 15-17.
- Hunt for dino-sized eggs at the Dino Egg Hunt throughout the Dinosaur Place at Nature's Art Village in Montville on April 9, and have fun in the park for the entire day.
- Hunt for eggs and get up close with a live bird exhibit during Webb Mountain Discovery Zone's annual Egg Hunt on April 9 in Monroe.
- Bring your basket to Indian Rock Nature Preserve in Bristol to find Easter eggs on April 15. Then trade the eggs in for a prize during the Easter Egg Hunt.
- Stroll the trails of the Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center in Mystic in search of eggs and say hello to the resident animal friends along the way. The Woodland Egg Hunt takes place on April 15 and is best suited for children up to 10 years of age.
- Spring is the season for eggs: bird eggs, frog eggs, turtle eggs, and fish eggs. Learn about the animals that laid them and find the hidden "nests" around Roaring Brook Nature Center's Eggs, Eggs, Eggs! Spring Scavenger Hunt in Canton, on April 15-17.
- A favorite spring tradition, the Connecticut Audubon Society at Fairfield's annual Egg Hunt will be on April 16.
- In Southport, dance the bunny hop, make crafts, play games, and meet the Easter Bunny on April 16 at the Pequot Library's Great Lawn during the annual Easter Egg Roll.
- Children can search for Easter eggs at Quassy Amusement Park in Middlebury for their Egg Hunt on April 24.
- For some adult fun, the Easter Bunny is hopping the Yankee Cider Barn in East Haddam on April 9 for an Adult Easter Egg Hunt. Hunt through the orchard and taproom grounds for eggs filled with special prizes including bottles of hard cider.
Celebrate Easter Brunch or Dinner
- Celebrate Easter by the Shore at Water's Edge Resort & Spa in Westbrook with a visit with the Easter Bunny and an Easter Brunch.
- Have Easter Brunch at Saybrook Point Resort & Marina, located in Old Saybrook.
- In Mystic, the Captain Daniel Packer Inn is offering a special Easter Prix Fixe menu.
- Enjoy an Easter Brunch Prix Fix menu at Kensington's Restaurant at The Spa at Norwich Inn.
- With a view of the scenic Connecticut River, Saint Clements Castle in Portland is offering an Easter Brunch.
- Easter Brunch and Egg Hunt at Delamar in West Hartford on April 16.
- Have a delicious Easter Brunch at the 1741 Pub & Grill at Lyman Orchards located in Middlefield.
Unique Easter Basket Finds
If you’re playing Easter Bunny, consider skipping the big brand candy and giving special sweets instead – you’ll even help #SupportCTbusinesses while you’re at it. From homemade truffles and caramels to favorites like chocolate covered pretzels and peanut butter cups, you’ll find endless goodies along the Connecticut Chocolate Trail.
Find everything from cake pops and Krispy Treats to brownies and DIY cupcake kits at Forever Sweet Bakery in Norwalk. Or if you’ve got a little one with dietary restrictions, find gourmet chocolate made in a peanut, tree nut, egg, wheat, shellfish and fish-free facility at Noteworthy Chocolates in Bethel and plenty of vegan and gluten free options at Divine Treasures in Manchester. Below are a few spots to consider.
Ways to Spend the Day
With a full Sunday to spend, why not get outdoors with the family? Connecticut is filled with safe ways to take in the spring air.
Or stretch your legs on a scenic trek on one of Connecticut’s top hiking trails or social distance-friendly trails. Biking more your speed? Round up the family and try these great bike trails! Or get our and go with these exciting outdoor adventures.